Topics

Protection of Common Mode Chokes

G5VU

I'm finally getting around to making up a couple of Everett's common mode chokes (CMCs) using the TDK N30 and FT240-31 toroids.
I intend mounting the toroids at 90 degrees to each other in a sizeable ABS box. ( 6 x 4 x 3.5 inches)

As these boxes will both be mounted outside and the plugs/sockets exposed to the weather unless protected, I wondered what others had done regarding the protection of their CMCs?
I have a number of plastic tubs that contained chicken pellets (11" diameter x 9" deep) and it occurred to me that I could use those inverted with the cables coming in/out through the lid at the bottom.

I'd welcome other people's solutions to the protection of the hardware, in case someone has a smart and simple solution.

Many thanks

Tracey G5VU