Topics

Post Articles to the files section

Everett N4CY

I noticed that I am unable to post articles to the files section. I have two articles that might be of interest to the group. (1) Lankford Low Noise Vertical (2) Lankford Phaser #2 project.

Everett N4CY

prog

On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 05:33 PM, Everett N4CY wrote:
I noticed that I am unable to post articles to the files section. I have two articles that might be of interest to the group. (1) Lankford Low Noise Vertical (2) Lankford Phaser #2 project.

Everett N4CY
The file section is reserved to group admins for obvious reasons.
If there are no copyright problems, please send them to me and I will put them in the file section.

Everett N4CY

Both of the articles have excerpts from Dallas Lankford's past articles, of which were never copyrighted.

Everett N4CY

On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 07:19 PM, Everett N4CY wrote:
which were never copyrighted
No copyright doesn't grant you the right to redistribute. Just saying.

jdow

Everything published in the US is automatically copyrighted these days. It's insane; but, that's what the bozos in DC did. The author must allow copying, whether it is unrestricted or only allowed for people who wear pink loafers.

The claim of copyright simply makes it a little easier to enforce.

It is a stupid law; but, it made some lawmakers in DC feel important and more importantly it lined their pockets directly or indirectly.

{^_^}

In a message dated 10/23/2019 11:44:21 AM Central Standard Time, @prog writes:
On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 05:33 PM, Everett N4CY wrote:
I noticed that I am unable to post articles to the files section. I have
two articles that might be of interest to the group. (1) Lankford Low
Noise Vertical (2) Lankford Phaser #2 project.
Everett N4CY
The file section is reserved to group admins for obvious reasons.
If there are no copyright problems, please send them to me and I will put
them in the file section.

Larry Dighera

On Wed, 23 Oct 2019 17:04:07 +0000 (UTC), "Everett N4CY via Groups.Io"
<everettsharp=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Both of the articles have excerpts from Dallas Lankford's past articles, [...]
US copyright law provides for the use of excerpts of copyrighted
material to be published for non-commercial educational purposes.
SEE: https://fairuse.stanford.edu/overview/fair-use/four-factors/ and
https://fairuse.stanford.edu/overview/fair-use/what-is-fair-use/

Everett N4CY

Thanks, that clears that issue up.........As it falls under educational purposes.....

Everett N4CY

In a message dated 10/24/2019 7:48:49 AM Central Standard Time, LDighera@... writes:

US copyright law provides for the use of excerpts of copyrighted
material to be published for non-commercial educational purposes.
SEE: https://fairuse.stanford.edu/overview/fair-use/four-factors/ and
https://fairuse.stanford.edu/overview/fair-use/what-is-fair-use/

prog

I created a folder for these documents: https://groups.io/g/airspy/files/Educational%20Content

jdow

If you are so sure you have the right to publish the documents then do so on your own site and point people to them. What is the matter with that?
{^_^}

On 20191024 06:52:13, Everett N4CY via Groups.Io wrote:
Thanks, that clears that issue up.........As it falls under educational purposes.....
Everett N4CY
In a message dated 10/24/2019 7:48:49 AM Central Standard Time, @LDighera writes:
US copyright law provides for the use of excerpts of copyrighted
material to be published for non-commercial educational purposes.
SEE: https://fairuse.stanford.edu/overview/fair-use/four-factors/ and
https://fairuse.stanford.edu/overview/fair-use/what-is-fair-use/

kb3cs

the Berne Convention, for instance, set a default copyright for ALL materials in all Nations which are signatories.
the consequence is the default applies to materials not specifically copyLEFTED at the time of publication.

On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 10:21 AM, prog wrote:
On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 07:19 PM, Everett N4CY wrote:
which were never copyrighted
No copyright doesn't grant you the right to redistribute. Just saying.

kb3cs

it's not a law. it is a Convention and USA is a signatory.

USA being one of a number of signatories, then, it is the Convention setting the default in the absence of an explicit copyLEFT, not USA.

save your anti-government saber rattling for something substantive, please.

  - 73 (base 10 :-P ) -