Topics

Plugin Ideas: RNNoise Plugin #software #plugins

prog
 

Anyone interested in packaging the RNNoise engine in a plugin?

https://people.xiph.org/~jm/demo/rnnoise/

Mariano Sanchez Pont
 

Woooow!!!!


El jue., 24 oct. 2019 a las 13:24, prog (<info@...>) escribió:
Anyone interested in packaging the RNNoise engine in a plugin?

https://people.xiph.org/~jm/demo/rnnoise/

BryonB
 

Interesting. I wonder if it would have much effect on atmospheric noise? Their examples all appeared to be removing manmade background noise.

Bryon, NF6M

On Thu, 24 Oct 2019 4:37 am Mariano Sanchez Pont, <ea5kl.mariano@...> wrote:
Woooow!!!!

El jue., 24 oct. 2019 a las 13:24, prog (<info@...>) escribió:
Anyone interested in packaging the RNNoise engine in a plugin?

https://people.xiph.org/~jm/demo/rnnoise/

prog
 

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 05:10 PM, Bryon NF6M wrote:
Interesting. I wonder if it would have much effect on atmospheric noise? Their examples all appeared to be removing manmade background noise.
 
Bryon, NF6M
I think this thing can re-learn how to extract good audio and remove the RF noise background.
Here's another idea: A few learning sessions from existing NR algos tweaked by humans.

BryonB
 

The trick is when the levels of the noise are high enough that a weak intelligible signal could be considered to be the "background noise."


On Thu, 24 Oct 2019 8:13 am prog, <info@...> wrote:
On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 05:10 PM, Bryon NF6M wrote:
Interesting. I wonder if it would have much effect on atmospheric noise? Their examples all appeared to be removing manmade background noise.
 
Bryon, NF6M
I think this thing can re-learn how to extract good audio and remove the RF noise background.
Here's another idea: A few learning sessions from existing NR algos tweaked by humans.

prog
 

It will be funny to see the algo synthesizing a human voice out of pure noise.

paul
 

"It will be funny to see the algo synthesizing a human voice out of pure noise."

Oh no!  Deepfake contest fraude! Arghh.

Peter KM6WXN
 

From way down at the bottom of your linked page:

Where from here?

If you'd like to know more about the technical details of RNNoise, see this paper (not yet submitted). The code is still under active development (with no frozen API) [...]

Still true?

On 10/24/2019 4:24 AM, prog wrote:
Anyone interested in packaging the RNNoise engine in a plugin?

https://people.xiph.org/~jm/demo/rnnoise/

prog
 

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 09:59 PM, Peter KM6WXN wrote:
From way down at the bottom of your linked page:

Where from here?

If you'd like to know more about the technical details of RNNoise, see this paper (not yet submitted). The code is still under active development (with no frozen API) [...]

Still true?
The latest modification is dated: Wed, 29 May 2019. Not so old.

https://git.xiph.org/?p=rnnoise.git;a=summary

Peter KM6WXN
 

Thanks for that git link.  So no updates from the original dev since 2017 (a few months after original commit), then a group of updates from one other dev on a single day in May of this year...

Not sure if that means the API has basically been completed, or is still a WIP?

jdow
 

In perfectly accented Lower Slobovian....
{O,o}

On 20191024 08:28:52, prog wrote:
It will be funny to see the algo synthesizing a human voice out of pure noise.

Simon Brown
 

Hi,

 

I use rrnoise, most recently for SSB Squelch with very good results. As far as I can see rrnoise is finished, there’s little that can be done to improve the concept. Even if the API does change (which I doubt) the calls are simple with only a few parameters.

 

Simon Brown, G4ELI

https://www.sdr-radio.com

 

From: airspy@groups.io <airspy@groups.io> On Behalf Of Peter KM6WXN
Sent: 24 October 2019 21:30
To: airspy@groups.io
Subject: Re: [airspy] Plugin Ideas: RNNoise Plugin #software #plugins

 

Thanks for that git link.  So no updates from the original dev since 2017 (a few months after original commit), then a group of updates from one other dev on a single day in May of this year...

Not sure if that means the API has basically been completed, or is still a WIP?

kb3cs
 

it has a reduction effect on everything not fitting the "human voice" model.
i carry my own noise as tinnitus, so i do not need any help from atmospherics.  :-P
RNNoise is very effective to reducing my own experience of perceived noise power.

  - 11 (base 72) -

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 08:10 AM, Bryon NF6M wrote:
Interesting. I wonder if it would have much effect on atmospheric noise? Their examples all appeared to be removing manmade background noise.
 
Bryon, NF6M
[...]