Topics

Option to choose different receivers?

Pekka Sorjonen

Hi,

I have three different Airspys, 2 x DP and 1x Discovery. I have a different antenna connected to each one of them. Now when I start SDR# I can not choose what receiver-antenna combination I am listening. I read somewhere that SDR# chooses the first "free" receiver when it is started. I know I can install the software to a three different folders and then start three instances of it and by serial numbers I can identify the receivers. BUT, I would like to be in charge and decide what to listen without having to start all three instances if my choise happens to be to last in line. Would it be possible to choose a receiver at startup from a serial number? I know this problem occurs only if you have more than one identical receivers but I happen to like Airspy :)

ps. I don´t know if SDR# has become better by new versions or what but I tried it nine months ago and did not like it at all, threw it to the bin so to speak. Have been checking new versions time to time and now it seems that my SDR-C and HDSDR are getting less and less screen time. Still recording/playback to sort out. If I get them to work the way that pleases me...

prog

On Mon, Sep 9, 2019 at 09:59 AM, Pekka Sorjonen wrote:
[...]

Coming soon.

Joe M.

When you are adding this, would it be possible to 'tag' an ESN?
That way it would say "VHF" or "UHF" or "800" or "ADSB" beside the ESN?

This could be stored in the Airspy or just in the PC - either way.
If in the PC, the ESN/Tag info could be stored in a config file.

Joe M.

On 9/9/2019 5:42 AM, prog wrote:
On Mon, Sep 9, 2019 at 09:59 AM, Pekka Sorjonen wrote:

Would it
be possible to choose a receiver at startup from a serial number? I
know this problem occurs only if you have more than one identical
receivers but I happen to like Airspy :)

Coming soon.

Pekka Sorjonen

Thank you in advance.

Terry Gaff

Prog.... would you be so kind as to consider adding the ability to turn on and off the bias-T on a spyserver'd Airspy device ?
Would be very handy.