Topics

No -BB or -CD in current Discovery firmware

Frank O'Donnell

I have a Discovery shipped to me by airspy.us on 14 August 2019. I've never updated the firmware, and SDR# currently reports it as being "R1.7.2".

On this page:

https://airspy.com/airspy-hf-discovery/

the current versions are shown as

How do I determine which I need, since the current firmware isn't designated as either -BB or -CD?

Airspy US

That was in the initial shipment batch. After the initial rush, we shipped with updated firmware.

Yours is a "-BB" unit.

---------
Airspy.US
Your USA source for quality SDR products!
www.Airspy.US

NOTE! This email address is not routinely monitored.
If you have an issue, please contact us at airspy@...

On 2/14/2020 2:21 PM, Frank O'Donnell wrote:
I have a Discovery shipped to me by airspy.us on 14 August 2019. I've never updated the firmware, and SDR# currently reports it as being "R1.7.2".

On this page:

https://airspy.com/airspy-hf-discovery/

the current versions are shown as

* *Latest Stable R3.0.6-BB* (First Batch)
<https://airspy.com/downloads/airspy-hf-flash-20190820-bb.zip>
2019-08-20
* *Latest Stable R3.0.6-CD* (Second Batch)
<https://airspy.com/downloads/airspy-hf-flash-20190820-cd.zip>
2019-08-20

How do I determine which I need, since the current firmware isn't designated as either -BB or -CD?

Frank O'Donnell

Thanks, just flashed it with 3.0.6-BB from Windows 10. SDR# reports the new version number, and it appears to be operating normally.