Topics

My Spyserver Keeps Disappearing from the Airspy Directory #spyserver

Freshmaker

For the last week or so, my spyserver keeps disappearing from the Airspy directory map (https://airspy.com/directory/#). I have to stop and restart the server for it to reappear on the map. Even when it disappears from the map, I am able to connect to my spyserver, so it's not that the spyserver instance has crashed.

Are there any current known issues with the Airspy directory, or any suggestions for what the issue might be on my end?

SV1BTL

The same happens with my server too...

Freshmaker

My spyserver has remained in the directory for several days now. Maybe it was a temporary server issue? Not sure.

Freshmaker

I spoke too soon, it's disappearing again.

Any ideas from the Airspy team? Do they read this group?

prog

On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 08:46 PM, Freshmaker wrote:
Any ideas from the Airspy team?
Make sure your router doesn't close the TCP port to your server. By default it's 5555.

Freshmaker

Yep, I've got port forwarding turned on. None of my other ports get closed (e.g. SSH).

This just started happening a couple of weeks ago. It was behaving fine for weeks before that. Nothing has changed on my router.

David J Taylor

From: Freshmaker

Yep, I've got port forwarding turned on. None of my other ports get closed (e.g. SSH).

This just started happening a couple of weeks ago. It was behaving fine for weeks before that. Nothing has changed on my router.
======================================

So what happened "a couple of weeks ago"?
Windows monthly update?
Windows 2004 Feature update?

Cheers,
David
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...
Twitter: @gm8arv

Freshmaker

Nothing. I run my server on a Debian box, not Windows. I haven't run an apt upgrade for at least two months and its uptime has been over a year. No router changes either.