Topics

More Magic than the Magic Line

prog

So, a new feature was introduced in SDR# rev 1801 to arrange the plugins in a directory structure. The discovery and loading are now automatic. The old manual registration system is still available for backwards compatibility.

Now you can just place the extra plugins in the "Plugins" directory and they will be loaded automatically. It is also use separate directories or some custom file tree. To disable the loading of a specific directory or a dll, rename it so it starts with an underscore "_". The plugin directory can be set in the config file so you can share it between multiple installations. You can use the config key "core.pluginsDirectory".

bear

Very easy to use , great job prog 
auxvfo plugin works 
just made a folder  called auxvfo added the dll ..
also added  another for snips and giggles .. simply made a folder called "auxvfo2" added file etc 

Edward MacDonald

Thank you Prog for all your hard work. You must have 2 clones to achieve so much so quickly.

On Fri., Feb. 19, 2021, 9:38 p.m. bear, <bear@...> wrote:
Very easy to use , great job prog 
auxvfo plugin works 
just made a folder  called auxvfo added the dll ..
also added  another for snips and giggles .. simply made a folder called "auxvfo2" added file etc 

Ian DXer

So, a new feature was introduced in SDR# rev 1801 to arrange the plugins in a directory structure.
Thanks for the continued improvements Prog

For the benefit readers anyone using the Digital IF Processor plug-in:-
Your previously created 'notches' file must stay in the main SDR# directory (not follow the dll file in new directory).

prog

The plugin configs stay in the same place. You can also have all the plugins installed in a separate directory then point to it in the config. Maybe this is better for frequent updates and experiments. 

paul.f.jackson@outlook.com

I have 1801 working. I ran it with the wraiths freq scanner audio recorder and freq manager as plug ins. I notice that this build runs the scanner much slower than previous builds, up to 5 times slower in fact. I have tried it via the new plug ins folder and via plugins.xml and an empty plug ins folder and the result is the same. Going back to 1800 restores the speed of the scanner.. Is this caused by the plug in or the sdr build?

From: airspy@groups.io <airspy@groups.io> on behalf of prog <info@...>
Sent: 19 February 2021 18:57
To: airspy@groups.io <airspy@groups.io>
Subject: [Special] [airspy] More Magic than the Magic Line

So, a new feature was introduced in SDR# rev 1801 to arrange the plugins in a directory structure. The discovery and loading are now automatic. The old manual registration system is still available for backwards compatibility.

Now you can just place the extra plugins in the "Plugins" directory and they will be loaded automatically. It is also use separate directories or some custom file tree. To disable the loading of a specific directory or a dll, rename it so it starts with an underscore "_". The plugin directory can be set in the config file so you can share it between multiple installations. You can use the config key "core.pluginsDirectory".

prog

On Sat, Feb 20, 2021 at 04:52 PM, paul.f.jackson@... wrote:
I have 1801 working. I ran it with the wraiths freq scanner audio recorder and freq manager as plug ins. I notice that this build runs the scanner much slower than previous builds, up to 5 times slower in fact. I have tried it via the new plug ins folder and via plugins.xml and an empty plug ins folder and the result is the same. Going back to 1800 restores the speed of the scanner.. Is this caused by the plug in or the sdr build?
There is a reason we have a change log. Now when I re-read the change log I wrote, I see nothing related to your problem. I conclude that you are comparing different settings.
Always read the change log and try to avoid unnecessary noise.

capitano nemo

I migrated to 1801 with the new plugin structure. Great enhancement for plugin maintenance and management.
I have tested near all the plugin I use, all ok.
Just a little note about Extended FFT (by eddie mc donald). It work perfecly with 1801 using old style configuration (magic line into plugins.xml + dll into the sdrsharp.exe folder) therefore I was not able to put it to work with the 1801 "new-style".
Any suggestions?
73 de gio

prog

On Sat, Feb 20, 2021 at 06:55 PM, capitano nemo wrote:
It work perfecly with 1801 using old style configuration (magic line into plugins.xml + dll into the sdrsharp.exe folder) therefore I was not able to put it to work with the 1801 "new-style".
Any suggestions?
Copy its dependencies where they belong. 

capitano nemo

thanks for the answer
nevertheless I'm not aware of any dependencies... I have copied all the files in the ExtendedFFT release zip I archived on my pc (unfortunately this plugin disappeared from original site).
not a big problem... thanks again.
gio

Edward MacDonald

I am currently in the process of re-writing all my plugins for SDR#. I am currently working on the shuttle plugin and then the extended fft and others will follow. I will make no promises of release dates. I will post them as they are available.

I took some advice from a previous post by Prog and made some decisions. After some time spent in deep thought - here is what is going to happen...

I have upgraded my domain hosting plan to have my own server with my provider. Complete with SSL certificate. 

I am currently in the process of having my website completely remade. Anyone wanting access will be required to create a free account on my website. The website will be monitored. All comments and communications will be moderated.

ANY abuse of any type to myself or ANY OTHER user will see that user BANNED permantely. No exceptions. No second chances. 

To download any plugins you will have to have make a free account. The plugins will not be made available through the community installer at this time.

I understand now what Prog was saying and as harsh as it may sound, I realize it all comes down to the simple fact: I owe theese people NOTHING. 

So to keep my sanity and still provide plugins, this is the way it has to be. 

I 1ill post as changes occur. For now, thank you and please have patience. 

On Sun., Feb. 21, 2021, 2:31 a.m. capitano nemo via groups.io, <capitanonemo68=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
thanks for the answer
nevertheless I'm not aware of any dependencies... I have copied all the files in the ExtendedFFT release zip I archived on my pc (unfortunately this plugin disappeared from original site).
gio

capitano nemo

Thanks for this "spoiler" Edward. Completely agree with your "new rules".
73 de IU1MRD (giovanni)

Ken Sejkora

Thanks Eddie.  Your new rules make perfect sense.  I really want to express my appreciation to you for being willing to provide us with your valuable plugins.  Looking forward to your new website and availability of plugins.

Ken, WBØOCV

Sent: Sunday, February 21, 2021 04:52 AM
To: airspy@groups.io
Subject: Re: [airspy] More Magic than the Magic Line

I am currently in the process of re-writing all my plugins for SDR#. I am currently working on the shuttle plugin and then the extended fft and others will follow. I will make no promises of release dates. I will post them as they are available.

I took some advice from a previous post by Prog and made some decisions. After some time spent in deep thought - here is what is going to happen...

I have upgraded my domain hosting plan to have my own server with my provider. Complete with SSL certificate. 

I am currently in the process of having my website completely remade. Anyone wanting access will be required to create a free account on my website. The website will be monitored. All comments and communications will be moderated.

ANY abuse of any type to myself or ANY OTHER user will see that user BANNED permantely. No exceptions. No second chances. 

To download any plugins you will have to have make a free account. The plugins will not be made available through the community installer at this time.

I understand now what Prog was saying and as harsh as it may sound, I realize it all comes down to the simple fact: I owe theese people NOTHING. 

--

Ken, WBØOCV East Falmouth, MA USA
41.5997N, 70.5614W  FN41ro

jdow

"It works for me. If you want something different and I am not interested you have the option to create your own or pay me a decent consulting wage to do what you want."

{^_^}    ($50/hr is cheap labor)

On 20210221 01:52:05, Edward MacDonald wrote:

On Sun., Feb. 21, 2021, 2:31 a.m. capitano nemo via groups.io, <capitanonemo68=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
thanks for the answer
gio

Terry Gaff

Very nice work Prog, many thanks indeed.
Is there a way I can remove some default plugins ? I'm interested mainly in satellite stuff so I've no need for the AM/FM Co Channel Cancelers etc. Just want to de-clutter the list a bit.

Terry Gaff

capitano nemo

Just to give a positive contribution to the mission...
I understood that if I want "not-to-load" a plugin I have to rename the plugin dll with an underscore.
In addition I suppose PluginError.log should not report errors for "not-to-load" plugin
Nevertheless I got this error:
*** Plugin Load Error - 2021-02-21 13:16:25.007
Config Key   'SDRSharp.Meteor.MeteorPlugin,C:\__radio_SwInst\_SDR#_common\common-extra-plugins\_err_QPSKmeteor_v20190817_v23_ru\_err_SDRSharp.Meteor.dll'
Type         'SDRSharp.Meteor.MeteorPlugin, SDRSharp.Meteor, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
Message      'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.'
Stack Trace
   at SDRSharp.Meteor.Display.OnResize(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnSizeChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 clientWidth, Int32 clientHeight)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.SetBoundsCore(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, BoundsSpecified specified)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ScaleControl(SizeF factor, BoundsSpecified specified)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.ScaleControl(SizeF factor, BoundsSpecified specified)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ScaleControl(SizeF includedFactor, SizeF excludedFactor, Control requestingControl)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.Scale(SizeF includedFactor, SizeF excludedFactor, Control requestingControl)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.PerformAutoScale(Boolean includedBounds, Boolean excludedBounds)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.PerformNeededAutoScaleOnLayout()
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.OnLayoutResuming(Boolean performLayout)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ResumeLayout(Boolean performLayout)
   at SDRSharp.Meteor.Display.InitializeComponent()
   at SDRSharp.Meteor.Display..ctor()
   at SDRSharp.Meteor.MeteorPanel.InitializeComponent()
   at SDRSharp.Meteor.MeteorPanel..ctor(ISharpControl control)
   at SDRSharp.Meteor.MeteorPlugin.Initialize(ISharpControl control)
   at SDRSharp.MainForm.InitializeSharpPlugins()

Again: this is not a big problem, I just want to contribute...

by the way: I adopted this convention: rename to _off_... those plugin "working" but I don't need to load
and _err_... those plugin I like but currently not working with .dotnet5 ... ... ...

Cheers

73 de gio

prog

We love you. 

prog

On Sun, Feb 21, 2021 at 10:52 AM, Edward MacDonald wrote:
I am currently in the process of re-writing all my plugins for SDR#.
Thank you for this effort. The newly added APIs address some of the points that were missing in the versions pre-dotnet 5 (shortcuts, theming, boundaries, etc.)

Spadeadam

Fantastic Edward!, I am sure that everyone appreciates all the hard work and sleepless nights that you and all the other contributors give to our passion and hobby.

I fully understand the way you want things to happen in future and it is always the case that "the few" spoil things for the majority.

Thank you

prog

And speaking of which, we really need to organize the plugins in a more responsible way to minimize the deployment frustration. Now we have the ability to deploy the plugins in separate locations and even run the same sdrsharp binaries in different working directories with separate settings (like it's done in the SDK).
Any suggestions on how to leverage these capabilities?