Topics

More Magic than the Magic Line

prog

So, a new feature was introduced in SDR# rev 1801 to arrange the plugins in a directory structure. The discovery and loading are now automatic. The old manual registration system is still available for backwards compatibility.

Now you can just place the extra plugins in the "Plugins" directory and they will be loaded automatically. It is also use separate directories or some custom file tree. To disable the loading of a specific directory or a dll, rename it so it starts with an underscore "_". The plugin directory can be set in the config file so you can share it between multiple installations. You can use the config key "core.pluginsDirectory".

bear

Very easy to use , great job prog
auxvfo plugin works
just made a folder  called auxvfo added the dll ..
also added  another for snips and giggles .. simply made a folder called "auxvfo2" added file etc

Edward MacDonald

Thank you Prog for all your hard work. You must have 2 clones to achieve so much so quickly.

On Fri., Feb. 19, 2021, 9:38 p.m. bear, <bear@...> wrote:
Very easy to use , great job prog
auxvfo plugin works
just made a folder  called auxvfo added the dll ..
also added  another for snips and giggles .. simply made a folder called "auxvfo2" added file etc

Ian DXer

So, a new feature was introduced in SDR# rev 1801 to arrange the plugins in a directory structure.
Thanks for the continued improvements Prog

For the benefit readers anyone using the Digital IF Processor plug-in:-
Your previously created 'notches' file must stay in the main SDR# directory (not follow the dll file in new directory).

prog

The plugin configs stay in the same place. You can also have all the plugins installed in a separate directory then point to it in the config. Maybe this is better for frequent updates and experiments.

paul.f.jackson@outlook.com

I have 1801 working. I ran it with the wraiths freq scanner audio recorder and freq manager as plug ins. I notice that this build runs the scanner much slower than previous builds, up to 5 times slower in fact. I have tried it via the new plug ins folder and via plugins.xml and an empty plug ins folder and the result is the same. Going back to 1800 restores the speed of the scanner.. Is this caused by the plug in or the sdr build?