Topics

Help with Airspy setup

LEE SMITH

I cannot use the HF+ SDR#, what steps should I go thru to analyze the problem?

73 KD2DRS
Lee

EB4APL

A little explanation of the problem would be appreciated. Without it nobody can help.

73

Ignacio EB4APL

El 30/11/2019 a las 20:25, LEE SMITH via Groups.Io escribió:
I cannot use the HF+ SDR#, what steps should I go thru to analyze the problem?

73 KD2DRS
Lee

David Eckhardt

My HF+ works fine with all the PCs and laptops except for the old Sony whose processor is too slow and does not support USB2.0.  ALso, HF+ requires at least USB2.0 and best, USB 3.0.  None of my AirSpy products run consistently with USB1.0 - lots of pauses, jutters, and non-smooth operating.

Dave - WØLEV

--
Dave - WØLEV
Just Let Darwin Work

jdow

The only AirSpy that will really benefit from being on its own USB3.0 bus is the AirSpy itself and its R2 version. That's because the AirSpy pushes the limits of USB2.0 capacity. Many (most?) USB2.0 controllers can't quite make it to the 10 Msps for AirSpy. It might do OK on an otherwise not used USB2.0 bus as the only device on it. (Keyboards, mice, CDROMs all slow it down.) The HF+ versions should work fine on a USB2.0 bus. Probably two or three would do fine on the same USB2.0 bus. Three rtlsdr's will work on a USB2.0 bus. Add an audio device and mysterious bad things happen from time to time. (About once every couple days 3 RTLSDR dongles, a sound device, keyboard, mouse, rs422 device, and a dongle key would blue screen my system in the USB subsystem. Um, house temperature monitor uses two and local FM station uses third RTLSDR dongle.)

{^_^}

On Sat, Nov 30, 2019 at 7:28 PM LEE SMITH via Groups.Io <LEECSMITH=AOL.COM@groups.io <mailto:AOL.COM@groups.io>> wrote:
I cannot use the HF+ SDR#, what steps should I go thru to analyze the problem?
73 KD2DRS
Lee
--
*Dave - WØLEV