Topics

Help please? Device was sleeping. Wake up! Could not acquire the device #spyserver

Chris Fink
 

I'm sure I have overlooked something glaringly obvious here. Any one experienced the same errors and worked through them?

Running ARM spyserver on rpi3 (ubuntu) or BBB (debian) after setting up the config file and blacklisting the Airspy (and installing libairspy)
it displays the following at execution which I assume is normal:

$ ./spyserver
SPY Server v2.0.1600 - http://airspy.com
Reading the configuration file: spyserver.config
Listening for connections on 192.168.1.27:5555

Then connecting from SDR# 1597 on Win 7 x64 machine I receive "Device got disconnected" with the following displayed on the linux console:

Accepted client 192.168.1.46:50347 running SDR# v1.0.0.1597 on Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
Device was sleeping. Wake up!
Could not acquire the device

Any tips?

Thanks

prog
 

Use sudo and update sdr#.

Chris Fink
 

Hey, Thanks for the reply.
Tried as you suggested, sudo (tried from elevated account before) and I updated to #1605 and getting the same issue.

I'm going to check my Airspy Mini firmware versions to make sure I didn't miss an update, then
reflash the SBC with a fresh OS image and start from scratch. I had to miss an obvious step somewhere,
I've seen this work great so I know it's something I'm screwing up.
 
Here's a pic for reference:
Inline image 1


On Sun, Oct 29, 2017 at 3:54 AM, prog <info@...> wrote:
Use sudo and update sdr#.


prog
 

On Sun, Oct 29, 2017 at 04:35 am, Chris Fink wrote:
I'm going to check my Airspy Mini firmware versions to make sure I didn't miss an update
I see this is a beaglebone board. Just FYI, this board was never tested with the SpyServer. Make sure airspy_rx displays the right sample rate figures and try updating the firmware is necessary:

https://github.com/airspy/airspyone_firmware/releases/tag/v1.0.0-rc10

Chris Fink
 

Updated firmware. airspy_rx appears to show correct sample rate, etc but same issue on spyserver.
I'll switch back to the RasPI 3 and try it again there. May just not like BBB or something.


Inline image 2


prog
 

On Sun, Oct 29, 2017 at 05:22 am, Chris Fink wrote:
Updated firmware. airspy_rx appears to show correct sample rate, etc but same issue on spyserver.
I'll switch back to the RasPI 3 and try it again there. May just not like BBB or something.
 
 
Inline image 2
Did you try with the default spyserver.config file without modifications?

Chris Fink
 

Yes. Same results. Tried with a combination of changes from none to complete in the config file. 
Also killed firewall on both sides+@ internal router - running default DD-WRT config for now - disabled my custom routing etc.

I'll stop bugging you and try working this out some more on my own. I know you've got better things to do :)

Whenever I figure it out I'll post back to the group in case someone else encounters the same issues in the future.

Default spyserver.config:
Inline image 2

On Sun, Oct 29, 2017 at 7:55 AM, prog <info@...> wrote:
On Sun, Oct 29, 2017 at 05:22 am, Chris Fink wrote:
Updated firmware. airspy_rx appears to show correct sample rate, etc but same issue on spyserver.
I'll switch back to the RasPI 3 and try it again there. May just not like BBB or something.
 
 
Inline image 2
Did you try with the default spyserver.config file without modifications?


Randall Wayth
 

Did this thread ever get resolved? I have a similar problem running linux spyserver, and googling finds other people who have similar problems like this, but no resolution. A definitive response on what is the root cause of this error would be very helpful.

I have an airspyHF+ and an RTL dongle that cause the same behaviour. E.g.:


/usr/local/spyserver
$ ./spyserver spyserver.config.airspyhf 

SPY Server v2.0.1700

Copyright (C) 2016-2018 Youssef Touil - https://airspy.com

Reading the configuration file: spyserver.config.airspyhf

Listening for connections on 127.0.0.1:5555

Accepted client 127.0.0.1:54014 running gr-osmosdr

Device was sleeping. Wake up!

Could not acquire the device

Running with a different config file for the RTL dongle gives the same result.

prog
 

On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 10:28 AM, Randall Wayth wrote:
I have a similar problem running linux spyserver, and googling finds other people who have similar problems like this, but no resolution.
This just means you hijacked someone's thread thinking you have the same problem. Same for the others. Statistically, 100% of people failed to read the solution in the archives.

Let's fix this.
1) Create a thread with your specific conditions, then may be, I say, May Be, someone will be tempted to see what's going on.
2) Follow these guidelines for describing your problem (first pinned topic) : https://groups.io/g/airspy/topic/9747306
3) Be kind (very important in the Internet)