Topics

Help me fix Internet Explorer for in-app embedded browers

Curt Faulk

Prog, two of us (Glenn Blum and I) have noticed that the embedded Spyserver map will not display when called.

The window opens, but map is blank.  I started noticing it on 1807 and 1808, but I hadn't installed 1805, 1805 or 1806.  No non-default plugins are installed and this is a Windows 10 machine.

prog

On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 08:09 PM, Curt Faulk wrote:
Prog, two of us (Glenn Blum and I) have noticed that the embedded Spyserver map will not display when called.

The window opens, but map is blank.  I started noticing it on 1807 and 1808, but I hadn't installed 1805, 1805 or 1806.  No non-default plugins are installed and this is a Windows 10 machine.
Everything is in the title. Check for your dependencies.

prog

New Telerik Map in the making.

Curt Faulk

Thanks. I'll watch for it.

Curt Faulk

Edited

Youssef, I'm sorry but I don't understand the statement "Everything is in the title.".  Can you elaborate, please?

I ran a dependency check and it seems like several things are missing, but I don't know what to do about that.

prog

Fix internet explorer.

Curt Faulk

I thought that's what you meant.

At first, IE would not display https://airspy.com/directory/# (in the actual IE program)... and SDR# would display a blank page.

So, I reset everything in IE (which, BTW, I never use), rebooted, tried again and it opens in IE just fine.  But, still blank in SDR#.  Ugh.

If it displays OK in IE, shouldn't it display in SDR#?  I apologize for all this problem.

prog

On Thu, Mar 4, 2021 at 09:29 AM, Curt Faulk wrote:
If it displays OK in IE, shouldn't it display in SDR#?
If ie. works, the embedded version should work as well. Try running SDR# as administrator once.

Curt Faulk

That seemed like a good idea, and that it should work.  Sadly, it didn't. No change in behavior running SDR# as administrator.  The map page still loads blank.

If it provides any clues, it loads REALLY fast, pretty much instantly.  The window size is also kinda weird.

It appears, every time, in a non-maximized state, and extends horizontally past the right edge of the screen.  I have to drag it to the left to see the window control buttons.

BryonB

IE may not be around as a browser much longer.

Microsoft now designates it not as a browser but as a "technology shim," and recommends not using it, but instead using the new Edge Chromium browser (far superior to IE).

They are quickly planning to drop all support for IE in their platforms by August of this year. Hopefully there will be ways to easily embed controls based on Edge at some point.

--
--Bryon, NF6M

prog

On Thu, Mar 4, 2021 at 11:22 PM, BryonB wrote:
IE may not be around as a browser much longer.

Microsoft now designates it not as a browser but as a "technology shim," and recommends not using it, but instead using the new Edge Chromium browser (far superior to IE).

They are quickly planning to drop all support for IE in their platforms by August of this year. Hopefully there will be ways to easily embed controls based on Edge at some point.

--
--Bryon, NF6M
Note that we are talking here about embedded browser components, not the web brower app itself.
In any case, this subject is moot. Get the latest SDR# version.

Curt Faulk

Prog:

The new Telerik Map is working great.  This is a HUGE improvement over the previous implementation.

I consider this issue CLOSED.

Thank you.

Curt Faulk

Prog:

You're quick.  I had meant to come back and add that I really like the 'tool-tip' for each SDR site location.  I actually can't think of a better implementation of an SDR map.

Again, thanks.

prog

On Fri, Mar 5, 2021 at 12:24 AM, Curt Faulk wrote:
Prog:

You're quick.  I had meant to come back and add that I really like the 'tool-tip' for each SDR site location.  I actually can't think of a better implementation of an SDR map.

Again, thanks.
Thank you. There are many other options still unexploited in this map component. I wanted something quick to solve the ie problem.
Expect some more enhancements later.

Glenn Blum

I actually love the new map embedded with SDR#. You may have to be careful of the accuracy of the servers position. Mine is within 1.5 miles.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10