Firmware update

Duncan G

I've been looking through the latest impressive user manul for SDR# that now extends to 117 pages. I noticed a new section for checking your firmware level. My Airspy has been serving me faithfully for years. According to the 'airspy_info.exe' command my firmware dates back to 2015.

Firmware Version: AirSpy NOS v1.0.0-rc6-0-g035ff81 2015-07-14

After running the 'airspy_spiflash'.bat' command which looked like it ran normally, I checked again and found my firmware had not changed.

Have I done something wrong or is it the addage of 'If it's not broke don't fix it'

Joe M.

Did you reset the unit (unplug and
replug) between the flash and the test?

Joe M.

On 1/24/2022 9:46 AM, Duncan G wrote:
I've been looking through the latest impressive user manul for SDR# that
now extends to 117 pages. I noticed a new section for checking your
firmware level. My Airspy has been serving me faithfully for years.
According to the 'airspy_info.exe' command my firmware dates back to 2015.

Firmware Version: AirSpy NOS v1.0.0-rc6-0-g035ff81 2015-07-14

After running the 'airspy_spiflash'.bat' command which looked like it
ran normally, I checked again and found my firmware had not changed.

Have I done something wrong or is it the addage of 'If it's not broke
don't fix it'

JColes0727

It appears that your unit has the original firmware (v1.0.0). If you are upgrading with the airspy-hf-flash-20200604.zip package, follow the instructions in the README.txt file. Due to a bug in the very first firmware, a special procedure is required for the first upgrade. It involves opening the unit.

I performed this procedure about 18 months ago with no difficulty.

Good luck.

Peter Jönsson

Edited

He uses an R2 / Mini so the latest firmware is available at https://airspy.com/downloads/airspy_fw_v1.0.0-rc10-6-g4008185.zip. Not the one you are referring to, that zip file is for HF + DP / Disco

Peter

Peter Jönsson

Latest firmware for R2 / Mini should look like this.

Duncan G

Thanks for the info, I'll have a try later. My Airspy must be one of the early ones so I expect that there should have been a few tweaks to the software.

SDR#  has undegone an amazing transformations over the years.

Duncan

vince battle

I tried to update my Airspy Discovery today, form the airspy-hf-flash zip file. I read the README.txt file and now my Aispy Discovery is bricked. I have my Airspy Discovery connected to my Pi4 and operate it remotely vis Spyserver.
when I remote in, the airspy discovery comes on, but the waterfall is very, very, very slow and the device shows the S/N and server number, but no activity (0 kb/s). Any advice in how, maybe (pretty please) to bring it back alive?

Vincent

vince battle

Happy greetings,

I was able to recover from what I can only think of is I must of used the wrong FW config, I’m a happy camper now.

Vincent

Sent from Mail for Windows