From: Pete Ferrand
Sent: Jan 16, 2021 2:21 AM
To: airspy@groups.io
Subject: [airspy] High speed USB and Virtual Machines

I have a Discovery and an HF+. I would like to run one of them in a Windows 10 SANDBOX. However neither SDR#, HDSDR, or Device Manager can find the receiver.

Is there a way to make this work?

The sandbox has no difficulty accessing the USB mouse or keyboard, and the programs connect to the Asus Xonar DG soundcard via something called "Remote Audio" which seems to work.  System is an I7 Supermicro server board.

Thanks!
Pete
WB2QLL
Mount Pleasant, WI

prog

"Sandbox" is the function. It is implemented using virtualization. Virtualization is the underlying technology.
Once you know what technology you are actually using, it will be easier for all to help you or maybe find the solution on your own.

Pete Ferrand

Yes, you are of course correct. But I wasn't talking about the technology. I was talking about the name of the function. And Sandbox is a specific function in Windows. Of course a Sandbox is a virtual machine, but virtual machine is a term that describes a variety of programs potentially from a variety of sources which may act differently. If there is a virtual machine from some other source that would be compatible, I would be interested in that as well.