Topics

Control Scale Request

Mike Bott

Any way that the scaling used for the Zoom, Contrast, Range and Offset be improved when using the IF and Audio Spectrum?  2 of the 4 sliders are missing.  The screen resolution on this particular display is 1366x768.  It's an older AMD A^ /  Win8.1 laptop.

Thanks!

--
Mike

prog

On Sun, Feb 21, 2021 at 01:52 AM, Mike Bott wrote:
Any way that the scaling used for the Zoom, Contrast, Range and Offset be improved when using the IF and Audio Spectrum?  2 of the 4 sliders are missing.  The screen resolution on this particular display is 1366x768.  It's an older AMD A^ /  Win8.1 laptop.

Thanks!

--
Mike
Did you check the change log?

Mike Bott

On 2/20/21 7:57 PM, prog wrote:
On Sun, Feb 21, 2021 at 01:52 AM, Mike Bott wrote:
Any way that the scaling used for the Zoom, Contrast, Range and Offset be improved when using the IF and Audio Spectrum?  2 of the 4 sliders are missing.  The screen resolution on this particular display is 1366x768.  It's an older AMD A^ /  Win8.1 laptop.

Thanks!

--
Mike
Did you check the change log?
Prog,

I'm just not seeing anything in the change log that allows for the vertical scaling of the Zoom panel. I can see how to turn it on and off, but not resizing. What am I not seeing?

Thanks!

--
Mike

G Davidson

On Sun, Feb 21, 2021 at 12:52 AM, Mike Bott wrote:
Any way that the scaling used for the Zoom, Contrast, Range and Offset be improved when using the IF and Audio Spectrum?  2 of the 4 sliders are missing.  The screen resolution on this particular display is 1366x768
I have the same issue - the only workaround I found was to make sure there were no panels placed under the waterfall and operate SDR# in a maximised window. There was a brief discussion in the thread at https://groups.io/g/airspy/message/37250

--
Graeme

prog

There were some minor UI improvements that affected these sliders, but not to the extent to work on extremely squeezed UI realestate. I will try to find a different way to place these controls altogether for small devices.

jdow

Ideally they should be usable if you clock on the channel to make the thumb show. Then use arrow keys to move the slider until some other control becomes focused.

{^_^}

On 2/21/21 8:36 AM, prog wrote:
There were some minor UI improvements that affected these sliders, but not to the extent to work on extremely squeezed UI realestate. I will try to find a different way to place these controls altogether for small devices.

Any improvement would be most welcome, but don't let it take priority over other work.  I realize circa 2012 hardware is not a "normal" situation you plan for.  :)

--
Mike

prog

On Sun, Feb 21, 2021 at 02:46 PM, Mike Bott wrote:
I realize circa 2012 hardware is not a "normal" situation you plan for.  :)
Actually the recent work that was done in the DSP allows using even older hardware with even better processing quality. This allowed things like the slices and the spyserver to exist. The only remaining issue here is the disparity of the graphics infrastructure over the last decade. That's harder to address while keeping the UI consistent over different DPIs and resolutions.