Topics

Contour Shuttle Plugin Update / Where's the 64 Bit Version?

Edward MacDonald
 

Hello Everyone,  in the previous iteration of the Contour Shuttle plugin, some of you who were installing the plugin for the first time may have had problems with your devices not working. 

This is because I forgot to include the "ShuttleSDK.dll" from Contour Devices in the plugin package.

This is the intermediary DLL file which my plugin uses to communicate with the Contour Shuttle driver. 
Without this this file, the plugin will initialize the device but not receive callbacks and the result is the plugin not working properly.

The newest version on my website (Ver 4) - SDRPlugins.com/downloads - has the missing file now included in the zip package and should fix the problem. Sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused.

SECOND:

Many users have asked me to create a 64 bit version of the Shuttle plugin as Contour Devices supplies both 32 bit and  64 bit versions of the driver for their devices. 

Short response:  I HAVE created a 64 bit plugin for the 64 bit driver. 

Problem: SDR# is 32 bit (I do not believe there is a 64 bit version?) and it is not possible to call  64 bit code from a 32 bit application.

THEREFORE: no 64 bit version of the plugin has been released.

There is possibly a way to create some kind of interface between the 32 bit SDR# and 64 bit Contour Devices driver, but it is probably beyond my expertise and definitely beyond my desires to do so.

WORK AROUND: Uninstall the 64 bit version of the Contour Devices driver and install the 32 bit Version ?? If possible ??

This is best I can do for now.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause some users. 

prog
 

On Sun, Feb 9, 2020 at 04:23 PM, Edward MacDonald wrote:
SDR# is 32 bit (I do not believe there is a 64 bit version?)
The 64-bit version was removed from download since the difference in performance was narrowed down to zero with the latest DSP. This simplifies the deployment (and the dependencies) quite a bit.
If you really need a 64-bit build, you can find it here: https://airspy.com/downloads/sdrsharp-x64.zip

Mitch
 

Ed,
Were you able to decipher the output of the shuttle device directly or are you only using the DLL?  IIRC the DLL uses callbacks, something that I am not a fan of.
Mitch

On 2/9/2020 10:18, Edward MacDonald wrote:
Hello Everyone,  in the previous iteration of the Contour Shuttle plugin, some of you who were installing the plugin for the first time may have had problems with your devices not working. 

This is because I forgot to include the "ShuttleSDK.dll" from Contour Devices in the plugin package.

Edward MacDonald
 

No, unfortunately I have not. You are correct though I am using a static delegate through native calls to the sdk dll.

Contour's repsonse to my futher questions were always to refer me to their sdk package and literature for it  only.

Not my first choice to use delegates either but when I tried watching the messaging from the shuttle itself in unison with the delgate output i could not make heads or tails of what Contour is doing. 

However, if you have on insight into it I would like to know...

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020, 8:26 AM Mitch, <ab4mw@...> wrote:
Ed,
Were you able to decipher the output of the shuttle device directly or are you only using the DLL?  IIRC the DLL uses callbacks, something that I am not a fan of.
Mitch

On 2/9/2020 10:18, Edward MacDonald wrote:
Hello Everyone,  in the previous iteration of the Contour Shuttle plugin, some of you who were installing the plugin for the first time may have had problems with your devices not working. 

This is because I forgot to include the "ShuttleSDK.dll" from Contour Devices in the plugin package.

Mitch
 

No, I do not.  Apparently, they contracted that work out and know very little about it as I got the same runaround.

It's a HID device, and what it spits out is repeatable and there are some patterns to it, but I have not yet taken the time to map it all out.  To date, I have taken only to mapping Shuttle key/knob activations to my program's shortcut keys in order to make use of the Shuttle.  For my uses in writing radio remote control software it's doable, but my issue is that it's only useful for Windows.  A nice well-made device that's Windows pigeon-holed.  A bit of a dinosaur.

On 2/11/2020 10:34, Edward MacDonald wrote:
No, unfortunately I have not. You are correct though I am using a static delegate through native calls to the sdk dll.

Contour's repsonse to my futher questions were always to refer me to their sdk package and literature for it  only.

Not my first choice to use delegates either but when I tried watching the messaging from the shuttle itself in unison with the delgate output i could not make heads or tails of what Contour is doing. 

However, if you have on insight into it I would like to know...

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020, 8:26 AM Mitch, <ab4mw@...> wrote:
Ed,
Were you able to decipher the output of the shuttle device directly or are you only using the DLL?  IIRC the DLL uses callbacks, something that I am not a fan of.
Mitch

On 2/9/2020 10:18, Edward MacDonald wrote:
Hello Everyone,  in the previous iteration of the Contour Shuttle plugin, some of you who were installing the plugin for the first time may have had problems with your devices not working. 

This is because I forgot to include the "ShuttleSDK.dll" from Contour Devices in the plugin package.


Edward MacDonald
 

It seems so. Even getting the SDK to work in c# seems  to be a problem for some people. I think around 80 developers used my code base to create their own shuttle compatible software. 

I am in the process of creating a plugin for the TMate2. I have the plugin half fininshed, but I am waiting until my income tax rebate to buy one. They are like $450 Canadian I believe, last time I checked.

Much better code base with it also.

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020, 11:51 AM Mitch, <ab4mw@...> wrote:
No, I do not.  Apparently, they contracted that work out and know very little about it as I got the same runaround.

It's a HID device, and what it spits out is repeatable and there are some patterns to it, but I have not yet taken the time to map it all out.  To date, I have taken only to mapping Shuttle key/knob activations to my program's shortcut keys in order to make use of the Shuttle.  For my uses in writing radio remote control software it's doable, but my issue is that it's only useful for Windows.  A nice well-made device that's Windows pigeon-holed.  A bit of a dinosaur.

On 2/11/2020 10:34, Edward MacDonald wrote:
No, unfortunately I have not. You are correct though I am using a static delegate through native calls to the sdk dll.

Contour's repsonse to my futher questions were always to refer me to their sdk package and literature for it  only.

Not my first choice to use delegates either but when I tried watching the messaging from the shuttle itself in unison with the delgate output i could not make heads or tails of what Contour is doing. 

However, if you have on insight into it I would like to know...

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020, 8:26 AM Mitch, <ab4mw@...> wrote:
Ed,
Were you able to decipher the output of the shuttle device directly or are you only using the DLL?  IIRC the DLL uses callbacks, something that I am not a fan of.
Mitch

On 2/9/2020 10:18, Edward MacDonald wrote:
Hello Everyone,  in the previous iteration of the Contour Shuttle plugin, some of you who were installing the plugin for the first time may have had problems with your devices not working. 

This is because I forgot to include the "ShuttleSDK.dll" from Contour Devices in the plugin package.