Topics

Call-out for new plugin ideas

Tag Loomis (Tag)

Do you have a plugin idea you'd like to see become a reality?

Let me know, I'm ready to help where/if I can.

Someone has mentioned a need for  TCP/UDP Audio sender plugin, if you have more specifics please let me know.

Thanks!
-Tag / N0TTL

h. garcia

My dream plug-in would be one that could resemble the controls like a physical radio: individual buttons for filters, modes; AGC, Notch, NB and NR, small rotary knobs to control bandwidth, shift, squelch, NB and NR depth and zoom. Picture something along the lines of NRD-545 or perhaps IC-R8600 front panels.

In Windows world, despite being about 10 years old, I had the smoothest learning curve and most intuitive experience with the software that came with Perseus. Its look & feel, for some reason, is more natural than other SDR software, IMHO.

On Fri, Sep 20, 2019, 16:40 Tag Loomis (Tag) <tag.loomis@...> wrote:
Do you have a plugin idea you'd like to see become a reality?

Let me know, I'm ready to help where/if I can.

Someone has mentioned a need for  TCP/UDP Audio sender plugin, if you have more specifics please let me know.

Thanks!
-Tag / N0TTL

jdow

That would look sexy. Experience suggests it is a PITA to use even with some clever software tricks. Sliders are more functional, especially with the same tricks applied as might be applied to make "knobs" almost usable.

{o.o}

On Fri, Sep 20, 2019, 16:40 Tag Loomis (Tag) <tag.loomis@... <mailto:tag.loomis@...>> wrote:
Do you have a plugin idea you'd like to see become a reality?
Let me know, I'm ready to help where/if I can.
Someone has mentioned a need for  TCP/UDP Audio sender plugin, if you have
more specifics please let me know.
Thanks!
-Tag / N0TTL

Mitch

My end users hate knobs and sliders.  The up/down buttons with value labels aren't sexy but they are far more user friendly.  Personally, I prefer spin boxes for use with a mouse wheel.  Much more compact in UI real estate and the are fastest to use.

<mailto:tag.loomis@...>> wrote:

Do you have a plugin idea you'd like to see become a reality?

Let me know, I'm ready to help where/if I can.

Someone has mentioned a need for  TCP/UDP Audio sender plugin, if you have
more specifics please let me know.

Thanks!
-Tag / N0TTL

jdow

Relatively small (fewer than 60 pixels for example) sliders can be engineered to allow hundreds of "pixels" worth of adjustment. When the mouse button goes down on the slider capture the mouse. Then keep it captured while the mouse is down. You get a full screen worth of movement and resolution. Track the "mouse" with a proportional movement of the relatively tiny control. It gives a vernier effect. When the mouse button goes up the mouse position reverts to where it was when it went down, perhaps modified by the actual position change of the slider. During the capture period turn off the mouse image. That avoids further potential confusion.

This "works" with knobs but counters intuition which insists on rotating knobs. With sliders there is no intuition problem getting in the way of users adapting to the concept.

{^_^}

Get TypeApp for Android <http://www.typeapp.com/r?b=14068>
<mailto:tag.loomis@...>> wrote:
Do you have a plugin idea you'd like to see become a reality?
Let me know, I'm ready to help where/if I can.
Someone has mentioned a need for  TCP/UDP Audio sender plugin, if you have
more specifics please let me know.
Thanks!
-Tag / N0TTL

Donald Rasmussen

Tag - I am using this IF processor Plugin for NOTCH and it really works well - but it only shows the bandwidth of the mode in use. SDR Console V3 allows a KHZ or two above and below the center frequency and has a waterfall below the spectrum graph. It is such a cool fine tune tool, would like to see it in SDRSharp.

This is what I am using with the current version of SDR#:

http://rtl-sdr.ru/page/para-novyh-plaginov

Right click to translate.

As far as I know the source code is not open so it would be a ground up development.

tu de Wb8yqj Don
Carlsbad, Ca. USA

On Fri, Sep 20, 2019 at 12:40 PM, Tag Loomis (Tag) wrote:
Do you have a plugin idea you'd like to see become a reality?

Let me know, I'm ready to help where/if I can.

Tudor Vedeanu

On Fri, Sep 20, 2019 at 10:40 PM, Tag Loomis (Tag) wrote:

Do you have a plugin idea you'd like to see become a reality? Let me know, I'm ready to help where/if I can.

Idea #1: a plugin for creating and using keyboard shortcuts in SDR#. Some examples: space = play/stop; A= AM mode; F=FM; L=LSB; U=USB; < and > for decreasing or increasing the tuning step.

Idea #2: a tuning panel in a floating window, with controls optimized for touch screens, containing a frequency display, up/down tuning buttons, buttons for changing the tuning step, the modulation and the filter bandwidth.

Thank you,

Tudor

paul

A plugin with just one button: "Optimize Waterfall".

It automatically sets contrast, range and threshhold sliders according to the dynamics it sees in the waterfall.

Mike Jackson

I would like to see a scale on the audio spectrum display of the Zoom FFT for the visual decoding of aeronautical SELCAL tones.  The scale would be simple tick marks and alpha characters set at the following spacings:
A     312.6 Hz
B     346.7 Hz
C     384.6 Hz
D     426.6 Hz
E     473.2 Hz
F     524.8 Hz
G     582.1 Hz
H     645.7 Hz
J     716.1 Hz
K     794.3 Hz
L     881.0 Hz
M     977.2 Hz
P     1083.9 Hz
Q     1202.3 Hz
R     1333.5 Hz
S     1479.1 Hz

Here's an example of what I'm after:

To compensate for ground stations that differ slightly in their transmitter stabilities I would also like to see the ability to adjust the scale left or right to line up the alpha characters to the transmitted tones.

This is an easier option than expecting someone to develop a hole new decoder so I'm hopeful that this can be accommodated as an option.

Daniel Fox

How about a plug-in that could automatically average the spectrum over a settable time period and periodically write the values to a csv file.

Daniel Fox

On Sun, Sep 22, 2019 at 4:46 PM paul via Groups.Io <pbij2001=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
A plugin with just one button: "Optimize Waterfall".

It automatically sets contrast, range and threshhold sliders according to the dynamics it sees in the waterfall.

SV1BTL

I think that a notch filter will be very important to have as a plugin!

Bryon NF6M

Maybe a notch wouldn't be too hard to get if the feature was added by enabling you to "draw your notch" over the IF area, after going in the Zoom FFT, clicking  Enable IF and Enable Filter?

The IF pane that appears then already does filtering, and it would be easy to spot the signal you want to notch out there.

On Sun, 22 Sep 2019 11:01 pm SV1BTL, <sv1btl@...> wrote:
I think that a notch filter will be very important to have as a plugin!

Simon Brown

Or,

What I’m thinking when I do this myself – show the plugin part of the FFT spectrum, tell the plugin to determine the notch(es) needed and apply the mojo. Notches can affect signals so use with caution…

Simon Brown, G4ELI

https://www.sdr-radio.com

Maybe a notch wouldn't be too hard to get if the feature was added by enabling you to "draw your notch" over the IF area, after going in the Zoom FFT, clicking  Enable IF and Enable Filter?

The IF pane that appears then already does filtering, and it would be easy to spot the signal you want to notch out there.

On Sun, 22 Sep 2019 11:01 pm SV1BTL, <sv1btl@...> wrote:

I think that a notch filter will be very important to have as a plugin!

Pete Ferrand

One feature I would find useful is a mute on high signal level option, similar to what SDR-Console does. When a local transmitter starts transmitting, SDR# could sense that and mute the audio to simplify t/r switching and eliminate loud noises and feedback. Of course the level and delay, and perhaps the amount of muting, would have to be user configurable.

Thanks.
Pete
WB2QLL

Pekka Sorjonen

IF processor & Tracking Notch Filter already exists and does the job beautifully. I am very happy with it.

Joe M.

Auto-notch?

Joe M.

https://www.sdr-radio.com <https://www.sdr-radio.com/>

<mailto:@SV1BTL>> wrote:

I think that a notch filter will be very important to have as a plugin!

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

prog

On Mon, Sep 23, 2019 at 10:32 AM, Joe M. wrote:
Auto-notch?

Joe M.
I have some code sleeping since 2013. I think it's time to compile and publish it.

Donald Rasmussen

"My Kingdom for a simple Auto-Notch!!!" ;-)

Fingers crossed.

de Wb8yqj Don
Carlsbad, Ca. USA

Donald Rasmussen

OM Simon - enjoying the existing V3 notch, simple and easily configured.

de Wb8yqj Don

Michal Zawada

Hi,

AX.25 300-9600 protcol decoder could be a nice plugin :)
To have fun at HF and above.
--
73!
Michal