Topics

Airspy HF+ not recognised bij windows 10 home #airspyhfplus #driver

Jos Stevens

Hello all airspy fans,
My airspy HF+ has been working fine on my old computer (AMD, Windows 10 Pro).
Unfortunately this computer broke down so I now use a new computer. (HP Pavillion i7 Windows 10 Home).
When I plug the airspy into a USB port of this new computer, nothing happens, no sound, no changes in the
device manager (does not even move). SDR# reports no HF+ device.
I installed the Windows compatability driver from the Airspy website, but no change.
Anyone who can help ?
Thanks,
Jos

Fabian/EB1TR

Sorry for the question,  but…

Can you try the USB port and cable with another device?

Fabian Malnero, EB1TR

El 1 sept 2019, a las 14:23, Jos Stevens <jrs@...> escribió:

Hello all airspy fans,
My airspy HF+ has been working fine on my old computer (AMD, Windows 10 Pro).
Unfortunately this computer broke down so I now use a new computer. (HP Pavillion i7 Windows 10 Home).
When I plug the airspy into a USB port of this new computer, nothing happens, no sound, no changes in the
device manager (does not even move). SDR# reports no HF+ device.
I installed the Windows compatability driver from the Airspy website, but no change.
Anyone who can help ?
Thanks,
Jos

Jos Stevens

Hi Fabian,

Sure other devices are operating well on that port (USB 3.0 and 2.0 devices) , all USB 2.0 devices  with the same USB 2.0 cable .

I fear there is something wrong with m,y airspy HF+.

Doin't be sorry to ask !

Regards

Jos

Op 1-9-2019 om 17:36 schreef Fabian/EB1TR:

Sorry for the question,  but…

Can you try the USB port and cable with another device?

Fabian Malnero, EB1TR

El 1 sept 2019, a las 14:23, Jos Stevens <jrs@...> escribió:

Hello all airspy fans,
My airspy HF+ has been working fine on my old computer (AMD, Windows 10 Pro).
Unfortunately this computer broke down so I now use a new computer. (HP Pavillion i7 Windows 10 Home).
When I plug the airspy into a USB port of this new computer, nothing happens, no sound, no changes in the
device manager (does not even move). SDR# reports no HF+ device.
I installed the Windows compatability driver from the Airspy website, but no change.
Anyone who can help ?
Thanks,
Jos

prog

On Sun, Sep 1, 2019 at 08:53 PM, Jos Stevens wrote:

Hi Fabian,

Sure other devices are operating well on that port (USB 3.0 and 2.0 devices) , all USB 2.0 devices  with the same USB 2.0 cable .

I fear there is something wrong with m,y airspy HF+.

Doin't be sorry to ask !

Regards

Jos

This doesn't make sense. Why would the device stop working if your computer fails? Did you get a lightning strike that broke everything?
Try running Windows Update in the new computer, first. Then we can see what's wrong with the rest.

Airspy US

It's also possible the power supply on the old PC failed and blew out something in the HF+.

Does the orange LED light when it's connected?

---------
Airspy.US
Your USA source for quality SDR products!
www.Airspy.US

NOTE! This email address is not routinely monitored.
If you have an issue, please contact us at airspy@...

On 9/1/2019 3:07 PM, prog wrote:
On Sun, Sep 1, 2019 at 08:53 PM, Jos Stevens wrote:

Hi Fabian,

Sure other devices are operating well on that port (USB 3.0 and
2.0 devices) , all USB 2.0 devices with the same USB 2.0 cable .

I fear there is something wrong with m,y airspy HF+.

Doin't be sorry to ask !

Regards

Jos

This doesn't make sense. Why would the device stop working if your computer fails? Did you get a lightning strike that broke everything?
Try running Windows Update in the new computer, first. Then we can see what's wrong with the rest.

Jos Stevens

Hi Prog

I did run Windows Update, .net was updated, but no change, Led lights but nothing happens at al,  No sound No change in device managerl.

Jos

Op 1-9-2019 om 21:07 schreef prog:

On Sun, Sep 1, 2019 at 08:53 PM, Jos Stevens wrote:

Hi Fab

Sure other devices are operating well on that port (USB 3.0 and 2.0 devices) , all USB 2.0 devices  with the same USB 2.0 cable .

I fear there is something wrong with m,y airspy HF+.

Doin't be sorry to ask !

Regards

Jos

This doesn't make sense. Why would the device stop working if your computer fails? Did you get a lightning strike that broke everything?
Try running Windows Update in the new computer, first. Then we can see what's wrong with the rest.

Jos Stevens

Hi Prog,

No lightning stroke also as far as I know.

On Mon, Sep 2, 2019 at 11:21 AM, Jos Stevens wrote:
No lightning stroke also as far as I know.
What exactly happened to the other computer? How did it go kaput? Was the unit damaged by this computer?

On Mon, Sep 2, 2019 at 11:21 AM, Jos Stevens wrote:
I did run Windows Update, .net was updated, but no change, Led lights but nothing happens at al,  No sound No change in device managerl.
Try in a different computer. If nothing works send your unit back to your distributor for inspection and possible repair.

Note: NL is known for rain static problems. You need a properly grounded installation (PC + Antenna) to stay in the safe region, otherwise you will be destroying every SDR you connect to your computer, and probably the computer as well.

Jos Stevens

Hi Prog,

Thanks for your reply.

Well the old computer was very very old and home brewed in a tower case, from one day to the other it stopped running, It was the the SSD that contained the operating system that failed I guess.

Anyway, I wanted to upgrade to a more modern one, so bought this HP Pavillion with an Intel I7 processor 256GB SSD systemdrive and 2TB harddrive, USB 3.1 ports, HDMI port etc.

It's running very wel,l except the Airspy one it,  don't know what has happened, looks like the USB port of the Airspy is not functioning  anymore, I wonder why.

I bought the Airspy HF+ in Spain and don't know if this supplier has repair facilities , wiil see.

Anyhow I ordered an Airspy HF+ Discovery in China and am waiting for the delivery, ordered it on 21/08 and latest trackinginfo  says : Pudong, Shanghai Airlines.

Hope it arrives soon.

Best regards,

Jos

 Op 2-9-2019 om 11:32 schreef prog:

On Mon, Sep 2, 2019 at 11:21 AM, Jos Stevens wrote:
No lightning stroke also as far as I know.
What exactly happened to the other computer? How did it go kaput? Was the unit damaged by this computer?

On Mon, Sep 2, 2019 at 11:21 AM, Jos Stevens wrote:
I did run Windows Update, .net was updated, but no change, Led lights but nothing happens at al,  No sound No change in device managerl.
Try in a different computer. If nothing works send your unit back to your distributor for inspection and possible repair.

Note: NL is known for rain static problems. You need a properly grounded installation (PC + Antenna) to stay in the safe region, otherwise you will be destroying every SDR you connect to your computer, and probably the computer as well.

Siegfried Jackstien

accidently grabbed a "charge only" cable (only 2 conductors inside ... no data lines)

that happened once here with my adalm pluto (lights up but no "dading" from windoze)

dg9bfc sigi

Am 02.09.2019 um 09:16 schrieb Jos Stevens:

[...]

That's not the case here Sigi ;-);-):-P

Jos

On Mon, Sep 2, 2019 at 01:55 PM, Jos Stevens wrote:
I bought the Airspy HF+ in Spain and don't know if this supplier has repair facilities , wiil see.
Check with a different computer first. If there is a problem then send it to me in France.
Send me your order details by mail: info at airspy dot com

Siegfried Jackstien

but it could be ... really checked the cable (does it work with your smartphone or similar and windows makes a "dading"?!?)???

it was just an idea of a possible fault (cause i also had that once)

guess what i did with THAT one cable

(yes you are right ... cut it in half an inch pieces and throw it in the bin)

dg9bfc sigi

Am 02.09.2019 um 12:00 schrieb Jos Stevens:

[...]

Hi Sigil
Cable works fine with other devices, but no dating with the airspy.
Jos.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab A (2016)
[...]

Sorry don't have access to another computer, will ask my neighbour

Where to send it in France can't find the info on airspy.com or, I am blind.

Jos

On Mon, Sep 2, 2019 at 04:41 PM, Jos Stevens wrote:

I am blind.

Jos

Op 2-9-2019 om 14:00 schreef prog:
Send me your order details by mail: info at airspy dot com

Jos Stevens

OK I understand, I'm not blind, it's my brain that had failed.

Jos

Op 2-9-2019 om 16:43 schreef prog:

info at airspy dot com
_._,_._,_

Jos Stevens

Hi Prog

Got a message from my neighbour that I can test the airspy tomorrow afternoon on his computer.

Jos

Op 2-9-2019 om 16:43 schreef prog:

On Mon, Sep 2, 2019 at 04:41 PM, Jos Stevens wrote:

I am blind.

Jos

Op 2-9-2019 om 14:00 schreef prog:
Send me your order details by mail: info at airspy dot com

Simon Brown

Hi,

Just for fun – take another cable with you.

Simon Brown, G4ELI

https://www.sdr-radio.com