Topics

Airspy and Windows XP

Paul

I'm hoping to have a week away where analogue TV on all VHF and UHF bands is still alive and well so I've been setting up an old laptop with three programs for capturing analogue TVDX that won't run on any OS later than XP. So far so good but it would be useful to use my Airspy to capture the audio channel so I can tailor the bandwidth to suit reception but will it install on XP?

I've installed a new drive and installed XP SP3, I know Sharp ver1361 runs on XP and it supports Airspy. I've tried the compatability driver from the Airspy website but that fails 'because the Wizard cannot find the necessary software' even though it's pointing at the correct folder. I'm sure I used my Airspy with XP when I first purchased it (first release) but maybe I was mistaken? So, did it or can it install on XP?
Paul

Alan G4ZFQ

can it install on XP?
Paul

Yes, it does, I've just checked with HDSDR.
Don't ask me how.. it must have been a while ago that I set that profile.
-p AirSpy1 extio_airspyhf_101117.dll

73 Alan G4ZFQ

Alan G4ZFQ

the Wizard cannot find the necessary software' even though it's pointing at the correct folder.
Paul,

I *MAY* have used Zadig to point libusb to the HF+

73 Alan G4ZFQ

Alan G4ZFQ

Yes, from my HDSDR page

"Airspy SDRs:- (HF+ USB ID 03EB 800C) A few have not been able to get the driver to install using the instructions at the Airspy site. The driver is WinUSB, Zadig has installed that when all else seems to have failed."

Paul

That worked a treat so it's all up and running, I didn't think to try Zadig on an AS so thanks a lot for your suggestion Alan.
Cheers
Paul