Topics

Airspay HF+ Duo and Raspberry Pi 4 #raspberrypi

info@hb9ryz.ch

Hi All
I'm trying to get my new Airspy HF+ Duo to work on my Raspberry PI 4.

I installted the basic "Rasapbian buster full version" image. and was using the following commands in order to get the airspy server software.

wget http://airspy.com/downloads/spyserver-arm32.tgz

tar xzf spyserver-arm32.tgz

./spyserver spyserver.config

Issue:
If I try to connect the airspy server from my windows 10 client with sdr://192.168.1.153:5555 the following error message will appear:
The windows client is connceting the server but the server can't see any USB attached Airspy HF+?????

Where is here the problem?

Best 73 de HB9RYZ
Wolfgang

info@hb9ryz.ch

Hi all
After I got good tips from Mike Richards G4WNC, my Airspy HF+ Duo with my Raspberry PI 4 works perfect now as a spyserver :-)

Thank you Mike, your ar the best :-)
Best 73 de HB9RYZ
Wolfgang
www.hb9ryz.ch

Andrea Lawendel

Hi,

Just for the record Wolfgang, what were Mike's tips? Could be good to know, in similar cases!

Thanks in advance!
Andy

On Thu, Jan 9, 2020 at 1:51 PM info@... <info@...> wrote:
Hi all
After I got good tips from Mike Richards G4WNC, my Airspy HF+ Duo with my Raspberry PI 4 works perfect now as a spyserver :-)

Thank you Mike, your ar the best :-)
Best 73 de HB9RYZ
Wolfgang
www.hb9ryz.ch

info@hb9ryz.ch

Hi Andy
Mike gave me the hint to install the user mode driver for HF+. You will find that via the following link, along with instructions on how to install on Linux. https://github.com/airspy/airspyhf
And I had to configure the file spyserver.config correct.
After that, the Airspy HF+ Duo was running :-)

Mike is selling great pre-installed and tested SD-Cards for the Airspy Raspberry Server.
https://photobyte.org/

But I had to solve many other issues like to disable HDMI screen in the /boot/config.txt in order to have remote access with Any Desk to the Raspberry PI etc.

The next step is to install GQRX SDR and WSJT-X for the 30m WSPR project at out Swiss Remote DX-Station at 1'660m.

I wrote a complete Installation and Configuration Manual for the Airspy Raspberry Server and I think to publish this manual soon on this plattform.
It will help Hams to use such a product without to have a lot of Linux know-how like me.

Best 73, HB9RYZ
Wolfgang
www.hb9ryz.ch

jdow

Gee, following manufacturer's documentation! What a NOVEL approach! I'm glad it worked! I wonder if anybody else could do it! Just WOW!

{O,o}

On 20200109 22:12:33, info@... wrote:
[...]
www.hb9ryz.ch <http://www.hb9ryz.ch>

Andrea Lawendel

All this could be really useful, Wolfgang! I’m planning to remotize my newly acquired Discovery.
Thank you for your detailed reply!  And please keep us abreast with your manual.

Andy