Topics

Accessibility Plugin...Ideas...Comments...

Edward MacDonald

So, I have almost finished creating a new plugin which consolidate three separate plugins I have made into one plugin I call "Accessibility Control" because these three plugins all deal with accessibility of SDR#.

One plugin is also much easier to maintain than three separate ones. The plugin have been re-coded from scratch to make sure my code is as tightly coupled between different classes as possible and to reduce the file size.

I have created it so the On Screen Display, toolbar buttons, and keyboard shortcuts can all be enabled / disabled separately or work in unison with each other seamlessly.

In addition, The on screen display has adjustments for the text size, text brightness, and the dwell time (amount of time the on screen text is displayed before fading out).

The toolbar can be docked in the main SDR# toolbar window or floated in the undocked mode, this way if you have more than one instance of SDR# running you can drag the toolbars from each to wherever you want them ( or even to another monitor if you are using multi-monitor setups).

The toolbar button sets I have created so far are:

 - Detector Buttons
 - Band Switch Buttons
 - Memory Bank Buttons (10 memory slots where you can instantly store and recall presets)
 - Filter Bandwidth Setting Control
 - Squelch Setting Controls
 - FFT Setting Controls
 - AGC Setting Controls
 - Digital / Analog Mode Controls
 - Analog SNR Meter (< I may remove this before the plugin is released)

All of the shortcuts and toolbar button actions are shown with the on screen display control. Pressing shortcut keys or pressing the toolbar buttons has the same exact end result.

While I do not currently have a license for the Telerik theme controls, I have made the plugin so the controls look as good as possible with the new SDR# themes.
While not the same as Telerik's controls (they are just the regular windows common controls) at least they look like they can co-exist in the same space and my plugin windows respond to theme changes.

My question for those of you interested is this:

What other features / functions would you like added to each of the above mentioned items?

I would like to make this plugin as useful as possible for everyone.

There a few items that were in the old toolbar which will not be appearing in the newer version (the reason why was mentioned in other thread posts)

So, if there is some cool feature or setting I can add, I would like to incorporate it before I remove the original separate plugins from my website and replace it with this one.

ALSO - This particular plugin will only be compatible with the NEWER THEMED VERSIONS of SDR# (inclusive of the .NET 4.6 and .NET 4.8 framework versions).

Sorry, but I WILL NOT be supporting my plugins from the older versions of SDR#.

Thanks

prog

On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 09:14 AM, Edward MacDonald wrote:
[...]

Thanks Edward for these wonderful additions!
Are you aware you can draw the analog SNR meter in the spectrum display using the same technique as the OSD? This can free some valuable space in the tool bar.

Edward MacDonald

Thanks for in the info Prog. Much appreciated. I will probably do this instead of putting it in the toolbar area,

However I have another problem which I was wondering if you could help me out with somehow...

On my toolbar I have a Track Bar that I want to use to adjust the Filter Bandwidth via the SharpControl interface.

I set the Track Bar's minimum value at 10 which is the lowest the Filter Bandwidth can be when the control loads and then each time the detector type changes.

To set the maximum I was using the SharpControl.RFBandwidth value. ( I believe this is incorrect as my track bar max values are larger than the maximum value of the Filter Bandwidth for each the detector type.

My goal was to set the minimum and maximum values of the track bar according to the associated filter bandwidth for each detector type change and then when the user scrolls my track bar, the resulting value is passed back to the SharpControl to set the filter bandwith
.
My question is this:

Is there a way to calculate the maximum value for the Filter Band for each detector type / radio source by using values returned from the SharpControl interface?

Thank You.

prog

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 06:15 AM, Edward MacDonald wrote:
Is there a way to calculate the maximum value for the Filter Band for each detector type / radio source by using values returned from the SharpControl interface?
I think I should add a property for this value in ISharpControl.

Edward MacDonald

Thanks for the info.

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019, 5:15 AM prog, <info@...> wrote:
On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 06:15 AM, Edward MacDonald wrote:
Is there a way to calculate the maximum value for the Filter Band for each detector type / radio source by using values returned from the SharpControl interface?
I think I should add a property for this value in ISharpControl.

prog

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 02:19 PM, Edward MacDonald wrote:
Thanks for the info.
Check the latest update.

Edward MacDonald

Thanks Prog. Much appreciated. It works perfectly.

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019, 6:49 AM prog, <info@...> wrote:
On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 02:19 PM, Edward MacDonald wrote:
Thanks for the info.
Check the latest update.

Eric Oyen

Is that plugin compatible with screen readers like narrator, NVDA or jaws in windows? Anything that makes the use of SDRE easier for us blind radio enthusiasts to use makes life better for everyone else too (usually, there is an API used in Microsoft Windows called the MSAA). Could be something to look at.

DE n7zzt Eric
Blind Ham radio Operator and Blind bicyclist/athlete.

On Oct 22, 2019, at 10:18 PM, Edward MacDonald <edwardmacdonald74@...> wrote:

[...]

<controlpanel.jpg>

[...]

Absolute I will look into it. If it is something I dont need to license I will do my best to add it in. Thanks for this suggestion.

I do add tool tips to everything. I am unaware if screen readers utilize them or not, however I will go and research your idea now.

On Sun, Oct 27, 2019, 1:41 AM Eric Oyen, <eric.oyen@...> wrote:
[...]

Simon Brown

Also there’s text to speech – I can give you a C++ class for this if you’ve not used it.

Simon Brown, G4ELI

https://www.sdr-radio.com

Absolute I will look into it. If it is something I dont need to license I will do my best to add it in. Thanks for this suggestion.

I do add tool tips to everything. I am unaware if screen readers utilize them or not, however I will go and research your idea now.

Edward MacDonald

Sure if you would that would be great.

In the meantime, the plugin is now available from my website via SDRplugins.com/downloads

The On Screen Display has settings for the brightness, text size, dwell time, location. There is also a setting which allows the user to have the detector type shown on the top right corner of the spectrum analyzer.

Shortcuts keys are also included.

Toolbar buttons sets are:

Detector switches
Band Switches
10 Slot Memory Bank
Mode Control
Filter Bandwidth Slider
Filter Bandwidth Stepper
Squelch Control
AGC Control
Frequency Stepper (any custom step or follows the SDR# Snap Step)
Analog / Digital Mode Control (many improvements over the previous one with extensive use of the SDR# API)

You can dock / undock the toolbar.

You can set the toolbar to be always on top of all windows.

The keyboard shortcuts will work when SDR# is focused or when the floating toolbar is focused (even if SDR# is minimized)

I would appreciate any and all comments.

Hope you all find it useful

Thanks.

On Sun, Oct 27, 2019, 6:36 AM Simon Brown, <simon@...> wrote:

Also there’s text to speech – I can give you a C++ class for this if you’ve not used it.

Simon Brown, G4ELI

https://www.sdr-radio.com

Absolute I will look into it. If it is something I dont need to license I will do my best to add it in. Thanks for this suggestion.

I do add tool tips to everything. I am unaware if screen readers utilize them or not, however I will go and research your idea now.

Ray, W4BYG

I have v1.0.0.1731.

Do I execute the SDRSharp.AccessibilityPlugin.DLL for the "On screen Display" settings, etc.?
Ray, W4BYG