Airspy mini - switch?

Alex DH2ID

Edited

Hi all,
my mini was not recognized by any of my notebooks anymore, although
drivers are ok etc. I put a small screwdriver into the slot on the side of
the mini and put the small switch in the "up" position. The mini was recognized
again and works.
Now my question is: is there a manual on the net or does someone know what
the switch is for? I think it changes the way the USB interface is working, one
position for firmware update, one for data transfer?
Thanks, Alex

Dirk

Edited

Have a look at this article:
https://www.rtl-sdr.com/airspy-mini-99-24-1800-mhz-12-bit-sdr/
Your question is perhaps answered in a comment of September 9, 2021 5:33 pm (Billy).

Alex DH2ID

Edited

Thank you, Dirk, that helped me to understand the switch settings.
My switch is now in position 2-3 and that works with my programs
and  "Airspy" is shown in my Windows 10 device manager.
What is interesting, is that the switch always was in DFU/recovery
mode before (I bought it used like that) and also worked until some
weeks before...
Alex

Dirk

I read that the stick falling from a table or so could even cause the switch to change position.

Alex DH2ID

OK, that could have been the cause, or some strong wind, hi :-)
I'm really glad to have all the programs and sort of a manual
for the mini now. 73! Alex

jdow

That means it is time to reload the firmware. Instructions are on the AirSpy web site.

{^_^}

On 20220307 01:15:22, Alex DH2ID wrote:
Thank you, Dirk, that helped me to understand the switch settings.
My switch is now in position 1-2 and that works with my programs,
although that is the DFU/recovery mode! Only then "Airspy" is shown
in my Windows 10 device manager... Very puzzling :-)
Alex