Raspberry pi 4 Airspy and Spyserver #raspberrypi

Heinz Meschnark

Hello
I am using Raspberry pi  4, Airspy and the software Airspy and Spyserver.
If I enter the software, I cannot receive .
After the command "rtl_test_t"  I can see the error message: device not supported.
Can you help or do you have an idea?
Thank you very much in advance.

Glen Langston

Hi

We definitely have successfully used the Airspy R2 and Mini successfully
with a Pi 4B. (as well as other dongles).

Also a number of high school students are using it too. However
we still remain unable to complete the upgrade to 3.8 (and 3.9).
We are stuck at 3.7.13.4 gnuradio.

Our entire Pi OS is available for free download, but is big, 3GB.
We found this was easier for high school students than having them
install everything.

This is the directory link:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1t2soWvGIgze7wg-7QGlVgB0m3Q-BR3C-?usp=sharing

This is the installation/user’s guide:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pStZsguO3UMrP0FhxJJJPFYdkg-Bp8TG3_zIh8MYHUQ/edit?usp=sharing

This is the latest OS compressed, Feb 2021
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YRT6z9MJkgIRviwHZTk-RWHFkN6uaVnc/view?usp=sharing
Must be written to a 16 GB or bigger SD Card.

Good Luck

Glen

On Apr 23, 2021, at 3:58 PM, Heinz Meschnark <oe8meq@aon.at> wrote:

Hello
I am using Raspberry pi 4, Airspy and the software Airspy and Spyserver.
If I enter the software, I cannot receive .
After the command "rtl_test_t" I can see the error message: device not supported.
Can you help or do you have an idea?
Thank you very much in advance.

<Screen Shot 03-14-21 at 09.14 PM 001.PNG><spys _2_.pdf>

Martin Smith

On Fri, Apr 23, 2021 at 09:33 PM, Heinz Meschnark wrote:

rtl_test -t
That is a command for testing SDR devices that use the RTL2832 chip, NO Airspy hardware contain that microchip.
Try using "airspy_info" or if it an airsp HF+ "airspyhf_info"

My guess is that if you followed the "Running on ARM Linux (Raspberry Pi or Odroid)" at https://airspy.com/quickstart/ that you skipped - installing the latest version of libairspy completely ( https://github.com/airspy/airspyone_host#how-to-build-the-host-software-on-linux ) . Or if you install libairspy correctly then you did not unplug and re-plugin the Airspy device to force Linux to detect and configure the permissions using the newly installed USB device rules file.

Or another possibility is that you have an Airspy HF+ and installed libairspy for an Airspy R2 and did not install libairspyhf which is the one that is required for an Airspy HF+ ( https://github.com/airspy/airspyhf#how-to-build-the-host-software-on-linux )

Heinz Meschnark

Thank you very much for your solution!

Heinz Meschnark

thank you vey much for your solution!