SDR# revision 1800 is out! #announcements

prog

The last few weeks were an exciting journey where significant innovations were integrated to #airspy #sdrsharp. Major milestones achieved in Quality, Correctness, Performance, Scalability, Extensibility, Programmability and Compatibility.

Gustavo Pinto <gustavo@...>

Thanks and congratulations to all!

Em 18 de fev. de 2021, à(s) 14:14, prog <info@...> escreveu:

The last few weeks were an exciting journey where significant innovations were integrated to #airspy #sdrsharp. Major milestones achieved in Quality, Correctness, Performance, Scalability, Extensibility, Programmability and Compatibility.

Glenn Blum

I shall give it a try.

I have to say that people keep SDR# moving forward with a great deal of interest.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

The last few weeks were an exciting journey where significant innovations were integrated to #airspy #sdrsharp. Major milestones achieved in Quality, Correctness, Performance, Scalability, Extensibility, Programmability and Compatibility.

Dave Williams <dave.g7gqw@...>

Great job Prog

Dave G7gqw

On 18/02/2021 17:13, prog wrote:
The last few weeks were an exciting journey where significant innovations were integrated to #airspy #sdrsharp. Major milestones achieved in Quality, Correctness, Performance, Scalability, Extensibility, Programmability and Compatibility.

David L. Wilson

I had not installed recent version due to time until now.  One thing I noticed that is puzzling, it at the right end of the spectrum display, the gainnoise floor seems lower than the rest of the spectrum.  I have attached examples (settings on both are the same).

prog

On Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 07:29 PM, David L. Wilson wrote:
I had not installed recent version due to time until now.  One thing I noticed that is puzzling, it at the right end of the spectrum display, the gainnoise floor seems lower than the rest of the spectrum.  I have attached examples (settings on both are the same).
The default calibration for the IF filters has changed since a few dozens of versions for better alias rejection. Some roll-off may or may not appear at the edges when using the decimation option. That said, the gain in dynamic range is significant.

David L. Wilson

I like the new version a lot except for that effect on the display--for some of my use, I will have to use an older version.  As you noted, it sometime appear or not appear with some setting, but in a way that I have not found predictable.  I had not noticed a difference in the dynamic range but not really looked hard for it.  Still the best SDR program around.

prog

On Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 07:58 PM, David L. Wilson wrote:
I like the new version a lot except for that effect on the display--for some of my use, I will have to use an older version.  As you noted, it sometime appear or not appear with some setting, but in a way that I have not found predictable.  I had not noticed a difference in the dynamic range but not really looked hard for it.  Still the best SDR program around.
Hardware specific calibration is possible, but it involves a whole new hardware/firmware project. I can make it switchable in the config file later. Note that this is not related to the recent developments. You can still set the IF filter manually in debug mode (airspy.debug="1")

gschmidt1@...

When I install over 1784 or install in a new folder I constantly get "Unhandled exception error" when clicking the start arrow which was a problem with "screen reader" in the past so I do not install that plugin.  I have tried everything I know to solve this problem.  I also found with 1800 when I install over my 1784 it will not start which was evident in 1793.  I am thinking of starting a fresh folder and redoing my saved frequencies since an install over my good 1784 reports each saved frequency I click on shows a popup window with "unknown".  So, bottom line I can not move beyond 1784.

Jerry
KE8MGR

prog

On Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 11:47 PM, <gschmidt1@...> wrote:
When I install over 1784 or install in a new folder I constantly get "Unhandled exception error" when clicking the start arrow which was a problem with "screen reader" in the past so I do not install that plugin.  I have tried everything I know to solve this problem.  I also found with 1800 when I install over my 1784 it will not start which was evident in 1793.  I am thinking of starting a fresh folder and redoing my saved frequencies since an install over my good 1784 reports each saved frequency I click on shows a popup window with "unknown".  So, bottom line I can not move beyond 1784.

Jerry
KE8MGR
Is that a question or an affirmation?

bear

newest version of spyserver running on a j1900 6% cpu
1800 sdrsharp running on a old duo E8500 3.16 around 26% cpu av
slightly up on previous versions , only extra is auxvfo , so it may be just that i usually only report clean  with no changes , but not today !
full screen 36%
very minimal size ( my normal )  the 26% above
196 kHz bandwidth float 32 full Iq
1.8~ MB/s
display resolution 8192
decoding images with easypal today . very nice Schoenfeldt_firecracker on the screen ... yellow ....

prog

On Fri, Feb 19, 2021 at 09:09 AM, bear wrote:
1800 sdrsharp running on a old duo E8500 3.16 around 26% cpu av
slightly up on previous versions , only extra is auxvfo , so it may be just that i usually only report clean  with no changes , but not today !
So, it uses more CPU as you ask for more stuff. Sounds like how software is supposed to work.

bear

So, it uses more CPU as you ask for more stuff. Sounds like how software is supposed to work.

absolutely !
Oh and not complaining , just stating , its really really good  .. hmm i didnt say that before eh ! ..
radio session has just ended and (conditions play into it a lot in my location )
and the configuration really was the best ive had/seen in a long long while maybe a year or so
also remember - the lack of solar influence etc etc 80m's
thanks prog

prog

The most important parameter here is the scalability. ie. using proportionally as much resources as the required tasks while not compromising the quality of the processing.