moderated HF+ Delayed Airmail Delivery?

Paul NN4F

Not complaining, So I made the mistake of selecting registered airmail, no HF+ yet from Itead, is anyone else who ordered on Nov11 still waiting if you selected airmail? Shipping to South Carolina, US

--

Paul Jones - NN4F

Paul@... - http://www.nn4f.com - https://www.facebook.com/groups/sdrplay/

Radios: AOR AR7030,AR3000A,FTdx3000,FT100D, FRG-7700, SDRPlay RSP1A,RSP2prox4,RSP1x5,LimeSDR,

RTL-SDR R820Tx4 820T2x2/Upconx2,Tecsun PL880.

Antenna:1500ft Loop@70ft, 364ft(160)Dipole,TA63-M 6band beam,3x 1000ft Beverages NE/NW/S, 80ft Sloper for general RX,FRT7700,FRA7700

David Salomon <david_salomon@...>

Me too in Atlanta.  I ordered literally 1 minute after receiving the email.  Patience, grasshopper...

atouk

Did the same. Ordered mine on the 10th, delivered today. So you should have only one or possibly two more sleeps until Christmas.

On 1/9/2018 3:52 PM, Paul NN4F wrote:

Not complaining, So I made the mistake of selecting registered airmail, no HF+ yet from Itead, is anyone else who ordered on Nov11 still waiting if you selected airmail? Shipping to South Carolina, US

--

Paul Jones - NN4F

Paul@... - http://www.nn4f.com - https://www.facebook.com/groups/sdrplay/

Radios: AOR AR7030,AR3000A,FTdx3000,FT100D, FRG-7700, SDRPlay RSP1A,RSP2prox4,RSP1x5,LimeSDR,

RTL-SDR R820Tx4 820T2x2/Upconx2,Tecsun PL880.

Antenna:1500ft Loop@70ft, 364ft(160)Dipole,TA63-M 6band beam,3x 1000ft Beverages NE/NW/S, 80ft Sloper for general RX,FRT7700,FRA7700

Paul NN4F

Ok that’s good, just wanted to make sure I wasn’t the only one…

Me too in Atlanta.  I ordered literally 1 minute after receiving the email.  Patience, grasshopper...

Patrick

Hi Paul !

Still waiting, ordered the same day. shipping to France

Me too in Atlanta.  I ordered literally 1 minute after receiving the email.  Patience, grasshopper...

f5mwa

Hi Paul,

Yes, mine too is stuck somewhere with the Chines Post, according to the tracking reference.

And I thought giving my European address I'd get it faster....

I do not care. Perhaps next month...

73

K3EK / F5MWA

On 09/01/2018 21:52, Paul NN4F wrote:

Not complaining, So I made the mistake of selecting registered airmail, no HF+ yet from Itead, is anyone else who ordered on Nov11 still waiting if you selected airmail? Shipping to South Carolina, US

--

Paul Jones - NN4F

Paul@... - http://www.nn4f.com - https://www.facebook.com/groups/sdrplay/

Radios: AOR AR7030,AR3000A,FTdx3000,FT100D, FRG-7700, SDRPlay RSP1A,RSP2prox4,RSP1x5,LimeSDR,

RTL-SDR R820Tx4 820T2x2/Upconx2,Tecsun PL880.

Antenna:1500ft Loop@70ft, 364ft(160)Dipole,TA63-M 6band beam,3x 1000ft Beverages NE/NW/S, 80ft Sloper for general RX,FRT7700,FRA7700

Dana Myers

On 1/9/2018 12:52 PM, Paul NN4F wrote:

Not complaining, So I made the mistake of selecting registered airmail, no HF+ yet from Itead, is anyone else who ordered on Nov11 still waiting if you selected airmail? Shipping to South Carolina, US

While the US doesn't report tracking information to HK Post, so the HK
Post tracking ends when the package leaves HK, the USPS automatically
tells me about inbound mail/packages after I signed-up at www.usps.com
so it knows my address and email.

As a result, I saw this today:

Out for Delivery    FAIRFIELD, CA 94534    January 9, 2018 8:20 am
Sorting Complete    FAIRFIELD, CA 94534    January 9, 2018 8:10 am
Arrived at Post Office    FAIRFIELD, CA 94533    January 9, 2018 5:42 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility    OAKLAND CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER    January 9, 2018 2:06 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility    OAKLAND CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER    January 8, 2018 9:32 pm
Departed USPS Regional Facility    SAN JOSE CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER    January 8, 2018 8:19 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility    SAN JOSE CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER    January 8, 2018 6:52 pm
Accepted at USPS Origin Facility    SAN JOSE, CA 95131    January 8, 2018 5:37 pm
Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item        January 8, 2018

A package headed to me suddenly appeared at San Jose yesterday; I'm
certain it's an inbound HF+ that will show up in an hour or so.

73,
Dana  K6JQ

Rui Oliveira [CS7ALW, LordKalma] <oliveiracr7alw@...>

I too bought it on the first minute via registered airmail.

Three comments that might help you:
1) Seems that ITEAD shipped the HF+ first for the ones who bought express shipping regardless of buying order. This is upsetting imo, but seems that it happened. A friend of mine bought it wayyy after lunch date and we received the tracking info the same day.
2) For some reason, tracking #s of stuff I get from ITEAD are very incomplete. The tracking # for the Airspy mini I bought on the black friday sale had its first tracking even already in Portugal. Go figure... So when it says it's still in China, it likely is not. Which leads to
3) The mail is VERY lagged because x-mas sales. Today I received some stuff I ordered exactly 61 days ago from ebay. When the usual is 20-30 days. X-mas sales made the postal services get really lagged. At least here, and I assume there too. And they have tons of packages still to process, so the tracking # isn't updated yet. Something unrelated I also ordered from ebay took 24 days to do an airplane trip from China to PT. That basically means it was 24 days on a container on a warehouse of the national mail company here waiting for processing.

[More] Patience, my friends....

73
Rui, CS7ALW

Às 20:52 de 09/01/2018, Paul NN4F escreveu:

Not complaining, So I made the mistake of selecting registered airmail, no HF+ yet from Itead, is anyone else who ordered on Nov11 still waiting if you selected airmail? Shipping to South Carolina, US

--

Paul Jones - NN4F

Paul@... - http://www.nn4f.com - https://www.facebook.com/groups/sdrplay/

Radios: AOR AR7030,AR3000A,FTdx3000,FT100D, FRG-7700, SDRPlay RSP1A,RSP2prox4,RSP1x5,LimeSDR,

RTL-SDR R820Tx4 820T2x2/Upconx2,Tecsun PL880.

Antenna:1500ft Loop@70ft, 364ft(160)Dipole,TA63-M 6band beam,3x 1000ft Beverages NE/NW/S, 80ft Sloper for general RX,FRT7700,FRA7700

Rui Oliveira [CS7ALW, LordKalma] <oliveiracr7alw@...>

I usually use a carrier independent tracking service like 17track to show info from both my national courier and HK Post. I have both 17track and the national courier apps on my phone. 17track has a couple of hours lag on the info, so I still need the other one.

Yes, I'm that paranoid...

73,
Rui, CS7ALW

tells me about inbound mail/packages after I signed-up at www.usps.com
[...]

Paul Mclaren MM0ZBH

Ordered via Registered Airmail on the 11th for delivery to UK.

Current status of package on Royal Mail and HongKong Post website since Thu 4th at 206pm :

ARRIVED IN THE UKHEATHROW WORLDWIDE DC
Actual status of package: arrived this morning at my house and in my shack.
Regards
Paul

tells me about inbound mail/packages after I signed-up at www.usps.com

On 1/9/2018 1:44 PM, Dana Myers wrote:

Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item        January 8, 2018

A package headed to me suddenly appeared at San Jose yesterday; I'm
certain it's an inbound HF+ that will show up in an hour or so.
Actually, it was something else entirely (an unexpected gift).
Ah well, that HF+ will be here soon enough!

Dana  K6JQ

Mike Bott <mike_bott@...>

tells me about inbound mail/packages after I signed-up at www.usps.com
[...]

_
Unfortunately, Informed Delivery is not providing any information like you received.  Day 60 passes.

--
Mike

jdow

Mike, what part of "preorder" do you not understand? Shipping on the preorders did not take place until just before Christmas. It's not 60 days. It's well less than 30 days from when shipping started. Some people got it faster than others because we paid for premium delivery service (DHL). So far delivery for people is faster than I received with the original AirSpy I ordered without paying for premium shipping. I learned. {^_-} Shipping appears to have taken place over a period of many days. It takes time to write up the paperwork, labels, and all that stuff to keep orders straight. I suspect they are doing the best they can.

{^_^}

tells me about inbound mail/packages after I signed-up at www.usps.com
[...]

agene

I must have been lucky with mine, ordered Nov 11 like most others, to come via mail.
Advised sent by mail on 22nd Dec
Arrived in Sydney 30th Dec
Delivered to home address 2nd Jan
Total time 11 days and that was over the Christmas/New Year holiday period.

Regards, Mike Simpson
Penrith, NSW, Australia
http://www.rstools.info

atouk

How about letting this thread die.  It's OT and hardly constructive.

The items were packaged, out the door, postage applied, and shipped.  Everything after that is up to the Post Office, and out of the hands of Itead, airspy.com, prog or anyone else involved.  All it's doing is to highlight how fickle international shipping can be, and show how impatient certain members are.

Ken Alexander

Same here Paul.  It should come soon by all indications here on the list.

Side story:  I ordered an Airspy R2 at about the same time last year and it appeared to be taking longer than I thought.  I checked with Hong Kong Post and iTead.  iTead were excellent in providing PDF copies of all the docs I need to send to HK Post.  I think they e-mailed them to me in an hour.  In the end, HK Post couldn't provide any information, and this year I see that they can't provide tracking info on Registered Mail shipments to Canada, the U.S. and (I think) The Netherlands.  Privacy issues with Registered Mail I guess.

Anyway, a day or two after making my inquiries, my package showed up on my doorstep with not a single indication that it had been seen by Canada Customs or handled by Canada Post!  Very strange!

73,

Ken Alexander
VE3HLS

On 2018-01-09 16:14, DXer wrote:
No mistake at all, you will get it.
That said, airmail delivery times seem to be getting longer. From China, up to 2-3 months.
Even from the UK, it used to be 4 to 10 days. The last one took a month, and Canada Post still did not have any info on the tracking page when it finally arrived. Don't believe the tracking page info, if nothing there.
Regards,
Vince

Mike Bott <mike_bott@...>

On 01/09/2018 06:59 PM, jdow wrote:
Mike, what part of "preorder" do you not understand?
Actually I understand the term well. As well as I understand "Itead should start shipping at the beginning of December (in ~3 weeks)." This was also from 10 Nov.

As I see it, my wait time began when I ordered. Being my first order from China, I was mildly surprised to learn that Airmail would be over 60 days and maybe 90 days. I've actually been much quieter about this than I thought I would.

--
Mike

jdow

On 2018-01-09 19:15, Mike Bott via Groups.Io wrote:
On 01/09/2018 06:59 PM, jdow wrote:
Mike, what part of "preorder" do you not understand?
Actually I understand the term well. As well as I understand "Itead should start shipping at the beginning of December (in ~3 weeks)." This was also from 10 Nov.
As I see it, my wait time began when I ordered. Being my first order from China, I was mildly surprised to learn that Airmail would be over 60 days and maybe 90 days. I've actually been much quieter about this than I thought I would.
That proposed delivery time was an estimate. I don't see it as a promise. There was a far larger response than anticipated. They came closer than I was figuring they'd be. They ran afoul of "The best laid schemes o' mice an' men / Gang aft agley" in this regard.

And I sympathize with you about the postal delays. As I recall it took more than a month for my AirSpy original to reach me AFTER it had first gotten into the hands of Hong Kong Post. It was either in a cargo container on a ship or held in US customs for most of that time. I can't blame Youssef or Itead for the doings of others. Take out on Hong Kong Post or the Customs Service - or even the US PostAwful, instead.

{o.o}

Gary_Gagnon@...

Hello Gang

Re incoming shipments to Canada via Air, perhaps containers as well.

Last fall there was a tale on the local news regarding the long delays at that time.

Canada customs was, at that time, so overloaded with incoming "stuff" that they were using highway trailers as storage space for the items awaiting customs clearance; these trailers were stored at their facility at CYVR. The number thirty'ish comes to mind. I don't know if this is still the case but... Obviously, customs was/is very overloaded causing these extra delays.

I definitely recommend using DHL for shipping.
I ordered an HF+ late (2330) on Dec 21st.
On Dec 22nd it had reached Hong Kong
On Dec 23rd it had reached Cincinnati, OH
On Dec 24th it reached Vancouver (Customs)
On Dec 28th it was in my hands.
The only shortcoming - I did have to pay GST and PST (taxes). If it had come via post, tax payment would have probably been avoided.

Gary