New HF+, No Signal on SDR#

Dudley Chapman

I just received my HF+.  It looks like a truly amazing little device.   But alas, I don't get a signal on SDR#.   My setup is a Surface Book with Windows 10.   When I plug in the HF+, it shows up as a USB device using WinUSB.    But SDR# does not show any signals at all  including no noise level at all on the waterfall windows.   I downloaded a WinUSB driver from Airspy, and updated it for the existing WinUSB driver.  But still no signal.

Did I miss a step somewhere?  I simply downloaded the SDR# suite and unzipped it.

This is my first time running SDR# or any other SDR program, so it would not be surprising if I am missing something.  How do I troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Dudley - WA1X

david price

Did you hit the play button in the top left of the screen in SDR#?

On 7 Jan 2018, at 02:19, Dudley Chapman <chief@...> wrote:

I just received my HF+.  It looks like a truly amazing little device.   But alas, I don't get a signal on SDR#.   My setup is a Surface Book with Windows 10.   When I plug in the HF+, it shows up as a USB device using WinUSB.    But SDR# does not show any signals at all  including no noise level at all on the waterfall windows.   I downloaded a WinUSB driver from Airspy, and updated it for the existing WinUSB driver.  But still no signal.

Did I miss a step somewhere?  I simply downloaded the SDR# suite and unzipped it.

This is my first time running SDR# or any other SDR program, so it would not be surprising if I am missing something.  How do I troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Dudley - WA1X

Dudley Chapman

David,
    I am embarrassed to say that I did not realize there was a play button.  I hit that button and my HF+ came to life.  An amazing device.  Thanks for your response.

Dudley

Gregory Schippers

Don't be embarrassed, OM. Keep at it..... Loads of fun! 73- Greg KC8HXO

On Sunday, January 7, 2018, Dudley Chapman <chief@...> wrote:

David,
    I am embarrassed to say that I did not realize there was a play button.  I hit that button and my HF+ came to life.  An amazing device.  Thanks for your response.

Dudley

W0LEV

Also, don't forget you need to set the gain.  Default is zero.  For me, 12 or above is good, but not too high.  If you see noise on the waterfall when you connect the antenna and the noise decreases roughly 6 dB when you disconnect the antenna, you're at a good starting point.

Dave - WØLEV

--
Dave - WØLEV
Just Let Darwin Work

Mark Volstad - AI4BJ

What gain, Dave? When I am running my HF+ under SDR#, I don't see any gain controls.

Mark
AI4BJ

Ruben Navarro Huedo (EA5BZ)

with HF+ there is not gain