Topics

Where is Spyserver.exe? #sdrsharp #spyserver

Pekka Sorjonen

Title says it. Can not find it.

73´s
Pekka

h. garcia

SpyServer for Windows comes together in the ZIP package. Other platform have separate packages

On Fri, Oct 16, 2020 at 8:30 AM Pekka Sorjonen <psorjonen@...> wrote:
Title says it. Can not find it.

73´s
Pekka

Brian Gregory <bdgregory@...>

On 16/10/2020 12:38, h. garcia wrote:
SpyServer for Windows comes together in the ZIP package. Other
platform have separate packages

https://airspy.com/download/
No it doesn't. Not any more.

The latest SDR# ZIP does not have spyserver.exe or related files in it.

There doesn't yet seem to be an alternative location to download it separately.

Brian Gregory.
bdgregory@gmail.com
www.Brian-Gregory.me.uk
(Home)

h. garcia

@prog: like Brian, I don't see spyserver binary on the current SDRSharp release zip file. Perhaps you could check the last build logs?

Brian: confirmed on my end. Spyserver is still available on the "unskinned" build, just checked minute ago. It's available here: https://airspy.com/downloads/sdrsharp-x86-noskin.zip

The Community Package may still have it too (didn't check it though).

On Fri, Oct 16, 2020, 3:39 PM Brian Gregory <bdgregory@...> wrote:
On 16/10/2020 12:38, h. garcia wrote:
 > SpyServer for Windows comes together in the ZIP package. Other
platform have separate packages

 > https://airspy.com/download/

No it doesn't. Not any more.

The latest SDR# ZIP does not have spyserver.exe or related files in it.

There doesn't yet seem to be an alternative location to download it
separately.

Brian Gregory.
bdgregory@...
www.Brian-Gregory.me.uk
(Home)

EB4APL

I keep most versions in storage. The last zip that have spyserver.exe is v1760 and the file is dated 10/01/2020, I don't have v1761 zip but in v1762 it is missing. Curiously, spyserver.config is there.

Regards,

Ignacio EB4APL

El 16/10/2020 a las 23:56, h. garcia escribió:
@prog: like Brian, I don't see spyserver binary on the current SDRSharp release zip file. Perhaps you could check the last build logs?

Brian: confirmed on my end. Spyserver is still available on the "unskinned" build, just checked minute ago. It's available here: https://airspy.com/downloads/sdrsharp-x86-noskin.zip

The Community Package may still have it too (didn't check it though).

On Fri, Oct 16, 2020, 3:39 PM Brian Gregory <bdgregory@...> wrote:
On 16/10/2020 12:38, h. garcia wrote:
 > SpyServer for Windows comes together in the ZIP package. Other
platform have separate packages

 > https://airspy.com/download/

No it doesn't. Not any more.

The latest SDR# ZIP does not have spyserver.exe or related files in it.

There doesn't yet seem to be an alternative location to download it
separately.

Brian Gregory.
bdgregory@...
www.Brian-Gregory.me.uk
(Home)

Libre de virus. www.avast.com

BryonB

The last couple of SDRSharp releases have seen Windows 10 Defender anti-virus remove and quarantine SpyServer.exe from within the AirSpy folder immediately after it is extracted from the .zip file. It claims there is a Trojan virus in it.

--
--Bryon, NF6M

BryonB

BTW I don't see spyserver.exe in any SDRSharp install .zip file I've downloaded since build 1761. I can see it's missing in my archived .zip files, after opening them in 7-Zip.

I tried disabling real-time protection, and a freshly downloaded .zip for build 1765 still appears to be missing spyserver.exe, with no fresh quarantine alerts from Windows.

--
--Bryon, NF6M

Mike

I had lots of anit-virus flags go off when I downloaded v1762 originally.  These appeared to be false flags.  But check your A/V logs.  Your A/V program may have quarantined the Spyserver.exe file in the .zip if it detected a (faux) virus.

Dale Farnsworth

Spyserver.exe is not in the zip file.  It doesn't show up if you list the files in the zip without extracting them.  I verified this on a Linux system with no antivirus program running at all.

On Sat, Oct 17, 2020 at 4:15 AM Mike <hinuslinus@...> wrote:
I had lots of anit-virus flags go off when I downloaded v1762 originally.  These appeared to be false flags.  But check your A/V logs.  Your A/V program may have quarantined the Spyserver.exe file in the .zip if it detected a (faux) virus.

Mohamed Anjum Abdulla

My suggestion for the sdrsharp developer is to show the zip MD5 hash on the download site so we can be sure it arrived clean from the site and not infected on the way, and that it's just a false positive.