Topics

Intel or AMD #poll-notice

prog

What do you use for your day to day SDR listening?

Results

See Who Responded

David L. Wilson

Some of us use both AMD and INTEL.  AMD on my Desktop and Intel on the laptop in the car.  Both run AirSpys with SDR#.
I did not vote as none of those choices apply.

tseug

Both

Zacharias Liangas

My old PC  of 2012 is an AMD used sparingly for very special (hard core ) jobs  while for  everyday- if I m home- is a Intel laptop with the SDRs used of nearly the half computer time.
I am a hard core DXer.
The other days I m using my smartphone!

David Eckhardt

Likewise.  I use both AMD and INTEL as well.

Dave - WØLEV

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 6:52 PM tseug via groups.io <tseug=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
Both

--
Dave - WØLEV
Just Let Darwin Work

Brendan Wahl

The day to day PC here is an Intel i7-9700K, 32GB RAM, WIN10 Home 64bit on NVME drive, has EVGA GTX-1070ti card, self-built during lockdown earlier this year.

For semi-portable use, I have an HP Pavilion about 3 yrs old, with an AMD A10-9600P with R5 integrated GPU, 12GB RAM, Win10 Home 64bit on HD.

Generally I have no problems using the 'clean' version of SDR#. Installing is also a non-issue. Any issues have usually been attributable to PEBKAC in the end.

As an aside, I also use Simon's SDR-Console, and his recent work at integrating AMD GPU support did pay off for my laptop by shifting about 5-10% off of the CPU to the GPU. Every little bit helps.

Brendan WA7HL