Topics

SPYSERVER baseband recording #spyserver

Ryan Barbier

Hello,

I would like to remotely record the entire baseband IQ data from a HF+ discovery. From what I understand Spyserver would try to send the whole signal bandwidth over the network and the client would then record what it receives. The issue with this is that streaming +-4MB/s of data is probably unstable, and would results in missing samples in the recording.

A much better solution for me would be to record on the server side, that way I could later get that recording via FTP or any other method.

Anyone know of a way to do something like this ? I would just like to record IQ data directly on the server side, even if that means not using spyserver, like remote console access, then executing a script or something. The simpler the better but I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks in advance !

Barry Jablonski

Hi Ryan,

Have you looked at Simon's Console Streaming to see if it would support your needs?

https://www.sdr-radio.com/console-streaming

Barry
WB2ZXJ

Jos Stevens

Hi Barry,

Is the console version 3 still downloadeble somewere, I have been looking for it for some time but can't find it, just see the old versions.

Thanks

Jos

Op 30-7-2020 om 21:20 schreef Barry Jablonski:

Hi Ryan,

Have you looked at Simon's Console Streaming to see if it would support your needs?

https://www.sdr-radio.com/console-streaming

Barry
WB2ZXJ

Barry Jablonski

Hi Jos,

Try here:

https://www.sdr-radio.com/download

Barry
WB2ZXJ

Simon Brown

Barry,

FWIW remote baseband recording as suggested by Ryan isn’t yet possible, this is targeted for 2021. Obviously you can record  the IQ from the remote server.

Simon Brown, G4ELI

https://www.sdr-radio.com