Using RX_TOOLS ?

Ruben Navarro Huedo (EA5BZ)

Hello:
Is anybody using rx_tools? https://github.com/rxseger/rx_tools
I have tested it with my Airspy and all is fine but i need enable Airspy BIAS-T
Do you know how could i do it?
Tnx a lot.

Roberto Zinelli

Use biast check box in sdr#

Inviato da OldPhone

Il giorno 08 dic 2017, alle ore 21:07, Ruben Navarro Huedo (EA5BZ) <runahue@...> ha scritto:

Hello:
Is anybody using rx_tools? https://github.com/rxseger/rx_tools
I have tested it with my Airspy and all is fine but i need enable Airspy BIAS-T
Do you know how could i do it?
Tnx a lot.

Ruben Navarro Huedo (EA5BZ)

I am speaking about rx_tools
Not SDR#

jdow

Perhaps the answer is either, "Don't use rx_tools or take the problem to the rx_tools developer(s)."

{^_^}

On 2017-12-08 13:17, Ruben Navarro Huedo (EA5BZ) wrote:
I am speaking about rx_tools
Not SDR#

Ruben Navarro Huedo (EA5BZ)

Hello Jdow:

I wrote developers some months ago and i have no answer :-(
And i want use rx_tools becouse i want receive automatically some SATS with my Raspberry.
with rx_fm (the same as rtl_fm but with Airspy support) i can receive FM and save it.
with rx_sdr (the same as rtl_sdr but with Airspy support) i can save IQ.
Do you know any alternative to them?

Thank's a lot.

jdow

Nope. It's not likely a problem that can be fixed from here.
{^_^}

On 2017-12-09 03:02, Ruben Navarro Huedo (EA5BZ) wrote:
Hello Jdow:
I wrote developers some months ago and i have no answer :-(
And i want use rx_tools becouse i want receive automatically some SATS with my Raspberry.
with rx_fm (the same as rtl_fm but with Airspy support) i can receive FM and save it.
with rx_sdr (the same as rtl_sdr but with Airspy support) i can save IQ.
Do you know any alternative to them?
Thank's a lot.

Evariste Courjaud

Biastee seems to be supported with "biastee=true"

Ruben Navarro Huedo (EA5BZ)

Yes...i know it is supported by Soapy Airspy Module.
But... How can i call that parameter from RX_TOOLS?

Thank's for your help.

Martin Smith

Interesting, so the Soapy layer currently supports "biastee", but not "bitpack".

I submitted a tiny patch to expose access to bitpacking, the pull is in the queue and that is all I can do. https://github.com/pothosware/SoapyAirspy/pull/13

jdow

When I was playing with Bias-T on the rtlsdr.dll file I figured out it that it is probably wise to shut down the Bias-T when I closed the DLL. Otherwise the voltage stayed on leaving the dongle prey to short circuits on the input blowing the Bias-T. It's fairly unlikely. But I do switch antennas around here so I figured the safe and sorry trade-off was Bias-T off when dongle is closed.

With that in mind it's not possible to fiddle the Bias-T with one program and have that setting carry over to another program on my rtlsdr.dll. I thought there was a good chance Youssef and his associates would have done that.

{^_^}