Topics

How do you stop connections to my server whilst I am testing #spyserver #stopconnection


mr.dave.pickering@...
 

Hi, I've had to join this group to ask a simple question. BTW before we start, I do not understand Forums and stickies, rules etc are beyond me so apologies if this has been asked before, I don't have the time to manually search through because my understanding of English is different to others.
Right the question,
I setup the Spyserver on a new Pi and was asking a friend to login to check it. He had no luck and I had to do a remote Teamviewer session to his laptop to verify he had all the correct ip address, port, software, settings, bandwidth etc.
I certailny had no problem initially before I went for a coffee. I look at the terminal window on the Pi (I am working Headless as I don't have a monitor) and his ip address is rejected - too many connections? WHAT?
I traced the rogue connection - it was from Germany AND my server had anonymously reported itself to spyserver network! Great! Thanks whoever it was, I only have the 1 connection and you took it. Making me look a right fool!
So is there a way to STOP these connections from spyserver network site to my PI/SDR while I set it up properly and test it with my trusted friend?
A fast answer will be appreciated as I can't sit on here waiting all afternoon. See, I said I don't do Forums.


prog
 

Set the max users to 1.


mr.dave.pickering@...
 

It is on 1 !!
Its someone jumped in because its advertised on Spyserver network. A little digging in the config file and I set the list_in_directory to 0.

See that's what I hate about Forums. 


prog
 

On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 08:27 PM, <mr.dave.pickering@...> wrote:
See that's what I hate about Forums. 
We hate that too.


mr.dave.pickering@...
 

On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 09:52 AM, prog wrote:
Set the max users to 1.

 

 
It is on 1 !!

That's why I hate forums, unhelpful answers!


prog
 

On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 08:31 PM, mr.dave.pickering@... wrote:

That's why I hate forums, unhelpful answers!
It's a matter of IQ distribution. You know, that bell curve...


Airspy US
 

How about changing the port number temporarily?

When you are done, change it back so others can connect.

How was anyone supposed to know it was already set on 1?

---------
Airspy.US
Your USA source for quality SDR products!
www.Airspy.US

NOTE! This email address is not routinely monitored.
If you have an issue, please contact us at airspy@...
On 5/10/2020 2:28 PM, mr.dave.pickering@... wrote:

On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 09:52 AM, prog wrote:
Set the max users to 1.

 

 
It is on 1 !!

That's why I hate forums, unhelpful answers!

Virus-free. www.avg.com


prog
 

More seriously this time. Setting max users to 1 prevents anyone from logging in when there is an active connection.
The "XXX rejected" message literally means the user was not allowed to log in.
You have two options here:
1) Believe the developer of the program you are using and call it a day.
2) Find a more productive way to spend your time rather than jumping on random forums and insulting everybody.


Glenn Blum
 

When I get that I log in and do a sudo reboot and all is fine.

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: prog
Sent: Sunday, May 10, 2020 1:49 PM
To: airspy@groups.io
Subject: Re: [airspy] How do you stop connections to my server whilst I am testing #spyserver #stopconnection

 

More seriously this time. Setting max users to 1 prevents anyone from logging in when there is an active connection.
The "XXX rejected" message literally means the user was not allowed to log in.
You have two options here:
1) Believe the developer of the program you are using and call it a day.
2) Find a more productive way to spend your time rather than jumping on random forums and insulting everybody.

 


Dylan Reinhold
 

I love it, Mr. Dave the douche bag gets the author of the program to try and help him out and he is a complete dick. Then he comments forms are no good. It's people like him that make forums no good.


On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 12:50 PM Glenn Blum <glennblum@...> wrote:

When I get that I log in and do a sudo reboot and all is fine.

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: prog
Sent: Sunday, May 10, 2020 1:49 PM
To: airspy@groups.io
Subject: Re: [airspy] How do you stop connections to my server whilst I am testing #spyserver #stopconnection

 

More seriously this time. Setting max users to 1 prevents anyone from logging in when there is an active connection.
The "XXX rejected" message literally means the user was not allowed to log in.
You have two options here:
1) Believe the developer of the program you are using and call it a day.
2) Find a more productive way to spend your time rather than jumping on random forums and insulting everybody.

 


jdow
 

Does that assure only he can connect to it? As I read his comment, if it is Mr. Pickering's comment, correctly he has the one person max setting already and somebody else took it.

{^_^}

On 20200510 09:52:12, prog wrote:
Set the max users to 1.


jdow
 

OK, I will compound the issue. Forums are deadly bad. Webmail mailing lists are deadly bad. Simple dumb old fashioned no web access mailing list are the cat's ass.

{^_^}

On 20200510 13:13:27, Dylan Reinhold wrote:
I love it, Mr. Dave the douche bag gets the author of the program to try and help him out and he is a complete dick. Then he comments forms are no good. It's people like him that make forums no good.
On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 12:50 PM Glenn Blum <glennblum@... <mailto:glennblum@...>> wrote:
When I get that I log in and do a sudo reboot and all is fine.
__ __
Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10
__ __
*From: *prog <mailto:@prog>
*Sent: *Sunday, May 10, 2020 1:49 PM
*To: *airspy@groups.io <mailto:airspy@groups.io>
*Subject: *Re: [airspy] How do you stop connections to my server whilst I am
testing #spyserver #stopconnection
__ __
More seriously this time. Setting max users to 1 prevents anyone from
logging in when there is an active connection.
The "XXX rejected" message literally means the user was not allowed to log in.
You have two options here:
1) Believe the developer of the program you are using and call it a day.
2) Find a more productive way to spend your time rather than jumping on
random forums and insulting everybody. ____
__
__ __


prog
 

He's got access to the server => restart the server and kick whoever was lurking there.


jdow
 

That treats the disease once he has it. It is a palliative measure.

How can be prevent it? What preventative measures can he take? {^_-}

I take it that he cannot short of running on an unpublished port address. And even that might not work if the SW reports port numbers. Escaping that would require some fancy router-fu.

{^_^}

On 20200510 15:26:41, prog wrote:
He's got access to the server => restart the server and kick whoever was lurking there.


prog
 

The other solution is to RTFM.


Peter Jönsson
 

P.E.B.C.A.K


On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 10:28 PM, Dylan Reinhold wrote:
I love it, Mr. Dave the douche bag gets the author of the program to try and help him out and he is a complete dick. Then he comments forms are no good. It's people like him that make forums no good.

On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 12:50 PM Glenn Blum <glennblum@...> wrote:

When I get that I log in and do a sudo reboot and all is fine.

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: prog
Sent: Sunday, May 10, 2020 1:49 PM
To: airspy@groups.io
Subject: Re: [airspy] How do you stop connections to my server whilst I am testing #spyserver #stopconnection

 

More seriously this time. Setting max users to 1 prevents anyone from logging in when there is an active connection.
The "XXX rejected" message literally means the user was not allowed to log in.
You have two options here:
1) Believe the developer of the program you are using and call it a day.
2) Find a more productive way to spend your time rather than jumping on random forums and insulting everybody.

 

 

 

 


Edward MacDonald
 

The only thing missing from this entire thread was "Hey Prog, Gimme dem codes!" 😂


On Sun., May 10, 2020, 5:51 p.m. Peter Jönsson, <pjk62@...> wrote:
P.E.B.C.A.K


On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 10:28 PM, Dylan Reinhold wrote:
I love it, Mr. Dave the douche bag gets the author of the program to try and help him out and he is a complete dick. Then he comments forms are no good. It's people like him that make forums no good.

On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 12:50 PM Glenn Blum <glennblum@...> wrote:

When I get that I log in and do a sudo reboot and all is fine.

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: prog
Sent: Sunday, May 10, 2020 1:49 PM
To: airspy@groups.io
Subject: Re: [airspy] How do you stop connections to my server whilst I am testing #spyserver #stopconnection

 

More seriously this time. Setting max users to 1 prevents anyone from logging in when there is an active connection.
The "XXX rejected" message literally means the user was not allowed to log in.
You have two options here:
1) Believe the developer of the program you are using and call it a day.
2) Find a more productive way to spend your time rather than jumping on random forums and insulting everybody.

 

 

 

 


Kai
 

On 11/5/20 2:28 am, mr.dave.pickering@... wrote:
On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 09:52 AM, prog wrote:
Set the max users to 1.
It is on 1 !!
That's why I hate forums, unhelpful answers!
Prog designed and created the hardware and software.

AirSpy US are an authorised reseller in the USA, I'm not even in their hemisphere and their support and assistance to yours and other questions to this list are outstanding.

Good way not to receive further assistance is to berate and disregard those who are assisting you.


Mohamed Anjum Abdulla
 

Unless your Pi is in a DMZ set by your router or port forwarded it's not possible WAN side connections are going through the port.