Topics

Raspberry pi 3 Airspy Spyserver #spyserver

Heinz Meschnark

Excuse me, I am a newby. I am using raspberry pi3, airspy mini and the software spyserver, but I cannot open the software.
You can see the nano spyserver.config and the results.
Do you have any ideas?
Thank you very much for your solutions.
vy 55 73!
de
oe8meq Heinz

Mark Venables

Hi,
It looks like the spyserver is running, so that you could now in principle, tap into that remote rpi3 from another computer.
You'd then use sdr# from that 'other computer', selecting spyserver from the sources list and typing in your rpi's IP address plus the port number.
i.e. 10.0.0.whatever:5555 or 10.0.0.whatever:5556
You've got 5555 the first time you've run spyserver and then 5556 the second time because in my experience it takes a while for the rpi to forget that first instance.
Hope that helps.

Mark Venables

If you are using your rpi locally (i.e you've got your keyboard and screen connected to it) then you wouldn't need spyserver, rather something like gqrx.

Brian Gregory

What do you mean by "the software"?

On Sun, 3 May 2020 at 22:07, Heinz Meschnark <oe8meq@...> wrote:
Excuse me, I am a newby. I am using raspberry pi3, airspy mini and the software spyserver, but I cannot open the software.
You can see the nano spyserver.config and the results.
Do you have any ideas?
Thank you very much for your solutions.
vy 55 73!
de
oe8meq Heinz

Attachments:

radiostationx

Heinz,
It seems like you made an error in the spyserver.config file
The bind host line
You have
bind_host=10.0.0.6
A space is missing, it should be
bind_host= 10.0.0.6

Try to make correction using nano

cd spyserver
sudo nano spyserver.config

save file and try spyserver again

Hope this helps

Glenn Blum

For anything that is edited with a =  does require a space after. I know I am late with this email but I found out the hard way!

So far the spy server works great and also works great with SDR Console too.

Glenn

Sent from Mail for Windows 10