Topics

airspy_adsb #airspyr2 #1090mhz #adsb

Annunaki

Hi guys

Noticed airspy_adsb.exe inside the folder of sdr# and am just wondering how one may use this app? Not really seeing any documentation or configs for it.

Cheers

David J Taylor

Hi guys

Noticed airspy_adsb.exe inside the folder of sdr# and am just wondering how one may use this app? Not really seeing any documentation or configs for it.

Cheers
====================================

I use this on several Raspberry Pi cards, that's the Linux version, though. Both Airspy Mini, and Airspy R2.

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk
Twitter: @gm8arv

Annunaki

Hmm thanks I guess.. But how may one launch it?

Sure I can launch it directly and get a nice display of it decoding ADS-B but to what end?

Does it launch with command line arguments? If so what are the arguments?

Is there any documentation that I have overlooked somewhere for the PC platform version included in the sdrsharp-x86.zip download?

Cheers.

radiostationx

Check quick start guide, everything you need is there

https://airspy.com/quickstart/

Annunaki

Thanks again, I have already check the quick start guide and I can only see minimal references to airspy_adsb for a linux environment unless this lockdown is effecting my mental health I dont see anything related to a PC environment haha.

I will just keep using ASDBSpy.exe if it's too much of a task using airspy_adsb.exe.

Cheers.

David J Taylor

Thanks again, I have already check the quick start guide and I can only see minimal references to airspy_adsb for a linux environment unless this lockdown is effecting my mental health I dont see anything related to a PC environment haha.

I will just keep using ASDBSpy.exe if it's too much of a task using airspy_adsb.exe.

Cheers.

Would you not use airspy_adsb.exe in exactly the same way under Windows as under Linux? Same command line, and the program produces network outputs which you feed to your PlanePlotter or whatever?

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk
Twitter: @gm8arv

Annunaki

Thanks guys again...

Maybe I should clarify a bit more, I am not talking about ADSBSpy.exe, I am talking about airspy_adsb.exe they are 2 completely different programs that reside inside the sdr-sharp folder.

This is the program I am asking about

I have noticed it uses less CPU power on my ancient Dell Latitude D420 laptop which I am currently using for all my ADS-B needs, I have already got VRS setup and running just fine with ADSBSpy! So I would like to know how to use this other program in the image above.

David J Taylor

Thanks that may be true but this is why I have come here first to ask for help or info on the subject as I do not see any references to this exe on x86 platform.

Cheers

prog

On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 07:55 PM, Annunaki wrote:
So I would like to know how to use this other program in the image above.
The help in the command line is pretty straightforward and the defaults just work.
To open a listener in "BEAST" mode, append: -l 30005:beast
This tool was developed with the help of the Flight Aware community and even their developers.
You can find a lot of resources and installation scripts here:
https://discussions.flightaware.com/t/howto-airspy-mini-and-airspy-r2-piaware-dump1090-fa-configuration/44343

We found that the Airspy R2 or Mini combined with an Active ADSB Antenna or Passive Antenna and a Filtered Preamp give the best results.

David J Taylor

Thanks guys again...

Maybe I should clarify a bit more, I am not talking about ADSBSpy.exe, I am talking about airspy_adsb.exe they are 2 completely different programs that reside inside the sdr-sharp folder.

This is the program I am asking about

I have noticed it uses less CPU power on my ancient Dell Latitude D420 laptop which I am currently using for all my ADS-B needs, I have already got VRS setup and running just fine with ADSBSpy! So I would like to know how to use this other program in the image above.

David J Taylor

Thanks that may be true but this is why I have come here first to ask for help or info on the subject as I do not see any references to this exe on x86 platform.

Cheers

You need to run the program with the appropriate command-line parameters. The program is sending output to "standard out". Use one of the parameters to choose the network port and format for the output. If you run the program with "-h" it tells you the parameters:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
D:\Tools\SDR#>airspy_adsb.exe -h
airspy_adsb v1.42
-s <serial_number> Device serial number
-t <timeout> Aircraft timeout in seconds
-g <rf_gain> RF gain: 0..21
-f <bits> Forward Error Correction (FEC) bits
-c <host>:<port>[:format] Add a Push Client
-l <port>[:format] Add a Server
-m <mlat_freq> MLAT frequency in MHz: 12, 20 or 24 (Airspy R2 only)
-x Enable DX mode
-r Reduced IF bandwidth
-b Enable Bias-Tee
-p Enable Bit Packing
-v Verbose mode
-h Display this help screen
Available output formats:
* AVR - Raw AVR format
* AVR-STRICT - Raw AVR format with only CRC valid frames
* ASAVR - Raw Airspy AVR format
* Beast - Raw Beast Binary format

Once you have the correct parameters, put the hole into a .CMD file. As I said, it's the same as the Linux program.

Cheers,
David
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk