Install rtsldr not working #sdrsharp #driver #software

David J Taylor

K I did that and it worked right out of the box.
I shut down then reopened the sdr sharp. Agn no device found.
Any guesses what I forgot to do?

I reinstalled again went to setting wheel top left and there was my device. Saved... Chose device in sdr device drop down rtl dongle USB.

Now it works every time tnx so much.

I have HF capable dongle do you know if I need to change anything besides USB LSB CW? All I hear is static. All microwave vhf uhf is great.

Tnx Mark
===============================

Good to hear that's working now, Mark!

I don't know whether SDR# supports the HF capabilities of the RTl-SDR dongle. I hope someone else can answer that.

73,
David GM8ARV
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk
Twitter: @gm8arv

K7OI-Mark

73s K7OI (Mark)

From: K7OI-Mark

Yes.
I'm starting over. Again. And hopefully will work. It won't allow me to
create a different file c:/sdr
It forces me to put it in x86 program files.

Mark,

That won't work.  Just download the Zipped files - not the installer - and
expand the Zip into e.g. C:\Tools\SDR#.  When creating the directory
C:\Tools\ I suggest setting its security to Everyone, Full Control.

I hope that works for you.

73,
David GM8ARV
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...
Twitter: @gm8arv

K7OI-Mark

From: K7OI-Mark

Yes.

On Thu, Dec 19, 2019, 08:51 Alan G4ZFQ <alan4alan@...> wrote:
> Hi I've tried everything I know and the app won't acknowledge my dongles
> in the dropdown.

We do not know what you know.
Zadig installed the driver correctly? The driver shows in Device
Manager? You have tried different USB ports? App? SDR# latest?

Alan

> It says no device found.
> I've uninstalled reinstalled repeatedly tried 2 different dongles 1 vhf I if
> 1 hf vhf uhf.

Alan G4ZFQ

Hi I've tried everything I know and the app won't acknowledge my dongles in the dropdown.
We do not know what you know.
Zadig installed the driver correctly? The driver shows in Device Manager? You have tried different USB ports? App? SDR# latest?

Alan

It says no device found.
I've uninstalled reinstalled repeatedly tried 2 different dongles 1 vhf I if
1 hf vhf uhf.

K7OI-Mark

Hi I've tried everything I know and the app won't acknowledge my dongles in the dropdown.
It says no device found.
I've uninstalled reinstalled repeatedly tried 2 different dongles 1 vhf I if
1 hf vhf uhf.
Can anyone help. I've read through people with simular issues nothing worked.