SDR#/AIRSpy and WXTrack #sdrsharp

Garyh955@...

Hello all...
I have been having a tough time getting WXtrack to interface via DDE.
I have the settings set to fm-w in Wxtrack. The latest plugin from wxtrack's web site for DDE.
The problem is when I set the mode to WFM in SDR#/AirSpy it jumps to NFM when the DDE talks to SDR#/AirSpy.
Has anybody been able to get WXtrack to work correctly with SDR# on AIRSpy?
Thank you all......

Gary H.

David J Taylor

Hello all...
I have been having a tough time getting WXtrack to interface via DDE.
I have the settings set to fm-w in Wxtrack. The latest plugin from wxtrack's web site for DDE.
The problem is when I set the mode to WFM in SDR#/AirSpy it jumps to NFM when the DDE talks to SDR#/AirSpy.
Has anybody been able to get WXtrack to work correctly with SDR# on AIRSpy?
Thank you all......

Gary H.
==============================

Gary,

I just checked here and wide FM is set exactly as it should be. You do have the "uppercase DDE" set?

Versions:
WXtrack - V3.8.45.1065 (registered, option DDE uppercase set)
SDR# - v1.0.0.1607 (just happens to be what I had loaded)
DDE plug-in - 20-Aug-2017, 19,456 bytes

The DDE plug-in appears to be one I compiled myself (to prove that I could) so I've added that to my Web site as an "Beta" version (as it was compiled with the Debug option).

http://www.satsignal.eu/software/DDETracker.dll-20-Aug-2017.zip

Having said that, the code which selects the mode is unchanged from the version of 4-June-2017, so the V8 release version should also work correctly.

Please let me know if this cures your issue.

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk
Twitter: @gm8arv

Siegfried Jackstien

i do not use sdrsahrp with wxtrack ... i use hdsdr with dde driver "mydde" and orbitron for tracking ... but my guess is that in wxtrack the mode nfw is saved (and send to sdrsharp via dde

narrow fm is correct for all things except broadcast radio on 88-108 megs (that is wfm) ... so what is your problem??

only thing you have to do is set a wider bandwidth and filter in sdrsharp for that nfm mode ... not?!?

dg9bfc sigi

Am 21.11.2017 um 07:42 schrieb David J Taylor via Groups.Io:

[...]

[]
dg9bfc sigi
=======================================

Your guess is incorrect. WXtrack sends FM-W via the DDE interface, and it is correctly picked up by SDR#. WXtrack can also send CW, LSB and USB modes as the user requests in the radio.ini file.

http://www.satsignal.eu/software/wxtrack.htm

73,
David GM8ARV
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk
Twitter: @gm8arv

Siegfried Jackstien

ok then excuse my fault

so ... problem is on the sdrsharp side?

ok ... work for youssev

but why you need wfm?? tracking of sats is done in nfm and wfm is for commercials only

if you need a wider nfm mode then crank up filters in sdrsharp ... or what did i understood wrong??

dg9bfc sigi

Am 21.11.2017 um 11:04 schrieb David J Taylor via Groups.Io:

i do not use sdrsahrp with wxtrack ... i use hdsdr with dde driver "mydde" and orbitron for tracking ... but my guess is that in wxtrack the mode nfw is saved (and send to sdrsharp via dde
[]
dg9bfc sigi
=======================================

Your guess is incorrect.  WXtrack sends FM-W via the DDE interface, and it is correctly picked up by SDR#.  WXtrack can also send CW, LSB and USB modes as the user requests in the radio.ini file.

 http://www.satsignal.eu/software/wxtrack.htm

73,
David GM8ARV

Alan G4ZFQ

if you need a wider nfm mode then crank up filters in sdrsharp ... or what did i understood wrong??
Or crank down the filters in WFM, if this is possible?

73 Alan G4ZFQ

Am 21.11.2017 um 11:04 schrieb David J Taylor via Groups.Io:
i do not use sdrsahrp with wxtrack ... i use hdsdr with dde driver "mydde" and orbitron for tracking ... but my guess is that in wxtrack the mode nfw is saved (and send to sdrsharp via dde
[]
dg9bfc sigi
=======================================

Your guess is incorrect.  WXtrack sends FM-W via the DDE interface, and it is correctly picked up by SDR#.  WXtrack can also send CW, LSB

Siegfried Jackstien

hmm as far as i know if you use wfm mode you have deemphasis added ... and for digital decodings (telemetry etc.) you need no filtering at all

thats why i was thinking nfm is the right mode

dg9bfc sigi

Am 21.11.2017 um 11:29 schrieb Alan G4ZFQ:

[...]

=================================

Sigi,

As I reported, there is NO PROBLEM! SDR# is being set to exactly what the user requested.

During my own tests I used WFM with the appropriate bandwidth. Likely you'll even find the discussions in this group or GEO-Subscribers. There was a good reason at the time.

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk
Twitter: @gm8arv

Ruben Navarro Huedo (EA5BZ)

I am using exactly this and all is 100% fine.
NO problems.