Topics

Official Spy Servers Page #sdrsharp #spyserver

prog

If you want to setup a permanent server, I can list it on this page:

http://airspy.com/spy-servers/

Meduzi Jellyfish <iain@...>

Edited

The DNS is new so will propagate in a few hours.

Owner: Baz G7KUF

Location: London (West)

Radio: Airspy R2 + SpyVerter

Band: 0-8 MHz

Antenna: Wellbrook Loop

prog

On Sat, Oct 28, 2017 at 04:35 pm, Meduzi Jellyfish wrote:
The DNS is new so will propagate in a few hours. I've have to screenshot the info as group.io removed the domain.

Are you sure that URL is correct? Shouldn't it be sdr://radioham.com ?

doug

On 10/28/2017 06:29 PM, Meduzi Jellyfish wrote:

The A record for the DNS is new so will propagate in a few hours.

Owner: Baz G7KUF

Location: London (West)

Radio: Airspy R2 + SpyVerter

Band: 0-8 MHz

Antenna: Wellbrook Loop

What on earth is a spyserver?

--doug, WA2SAY

Meduzi Jellyfish <iain@...>

I'm really tired. I stupidly used an "@" rather than a full stop. I've corrected the link.

prog

What on earth is a spyserver?

--doug, WA2SAY
Good question. I replied in the presentation page: http://airspy.com/spy-servers/

prog

On Sat, Oct 28, 2017 at 04:46 pm, Meduzi Jellyfish wrote:
I'm really tired. I stupidly used an "@" rather than a full stop. I've corrected the link.
Can you use a shorter URL like sdr://sdr.radioham.com ?
You can always differentiate the radios with the port number.

Meduzi Jellyfish <iain@...>

It does look a little ugly in the list. Changed to londonhf.radioham.com

prog

On Sun, Oct 29, 2017 at 04:06 am, Meduzi Jellyfish wrote:
It does look a little ugly in the list. Changed to londonhf.radioham.com
Updated.

Anton

Hi,

few months im running Spyserver on sdr://193.93.75.99:5555. HW RPi3, RTL-SDR V2 (planed Airspy Mini, after exchange my "home" dongle with HF+), 144-146MHz band, double helix as sharp preselector + fm notch, Diamond X300 antenna, 300m ASL, located on hill in centre of Bratislava (capital city of Slovakia).

More info and photos on: https://sites.google.com/site/om1aeg/websdr

prog

On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 06:00 am, <om1aeg@...> wrote:
Hi,

few months im running Spyserver on sdr://193.93.75.99:5555. HW RPi3, RTL-SDR V2 (planed Airspy Mini, after exchange my "home" dongle with HF+), 144-146MHz band, double helix as sharp preselector + fm notch, Diamond X300 antenna, 300m ASL, located on hill in centre of Bratislava (capital city of Slovakia).

More info and photos on: https://sites.google.com/site/om1aeg/websdr
The FFT FPS is set a bit too low, but the IQ stream is very good. Did you test your RPi3 with 6 concurrent sessions?

Anton

Yes, with 6 concurrent sessions is CPU load at 80% and audio is smoth even tuning. FPS is low because CPU load, at 15FPS is only 3 concurrent sessions possible. At 1FPS are 8 concurrent sessions possible. 5FPS is balance between concurrent sessions and usability of waterfall :)

prog

On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 07:22 am, <om1aeg@...> wrote:
Yes, with 6 concurrent sessions is CPU load at 80% and audio is smoth even tuning. FPS is low because CPU load, at 15FPS is only 3 concurrent sessions possible. At 1FPS are 8 concurrent sessions possible. 5FPS is balance between concurrent sessions and usability of waterfall :)
You can now also reduce the fft_bin_bits to a lower value. The default is 16 (64k FFT).
I just redeployed a config file with the right setting name. Same execuables.

Anton

Edited

fft_bin_bits i set to 8 yesterday :)

prog

On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 07:40 am, <om1aeg@...> wrote:
fft_bin_bits i set to 8 yesterday :)
Are you sure you didn't set fft_bins_bits instead? Just fixed.

Anton

Ok, just updated to v2.0.1618 and config compared and corrected (fft_bin_bits). Actual settings down on the web page: https://sites.google.com/site/om1aeg/websdr

prog

On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 08:10 am, <om1aeg@...> wrote:
Ok, just updated to v2.0.1618 and config compared and corrected (fft_bin_bits). Actual settings down on the web page: https://sites.google.com/site/om1aeg/websdr
Now you should be able to add more session with fft_bin_bits = 15.

Anton

With fft_bin_bits = 14 can be connected 8 independent users with CPU of RPi3 lower than 80% (72-79%), stream is smooth and waterfall is usable. I'm tried also 10 connection, but this is with small drop-out, when someone is tuning (CPU around 90%). For now is set "maximum_clients = 8".

Thanks for support and hard work also for "non company" devices. Can you add my server to the public list?

I'm waiting for availability of HF+, then im exchange rtl-sdr dongle with my home Airspy Mini dongle.

prog

On Sat, Nov 4, 2017 at 06:13 am, <om1aeg@...> wrote:
With fft_bin_bits = 14 can be connected 8 independent users with CPU of RPi3 lower than 80% (72-79%), stream is smooth and waterfall is usable. I'm tried also 10 connection, but this is with small drop-out, when someone is tuning (CPU around 90%). For now is set "maximum_clients = 8".

Thanks for support and hard work also for "non company" devices. Can you add my server to the public list?

I'm waiting for availability of HF+, then im exchange rtl-sdr dongle with my home Airspy Mini dongle.
Sure. Can you give me the exact fields to show in the list?
  • Owner
  • Location
  • URL
  • Radio
  • Band
  • Antenna

Anton

  • Owner - Anton OM1AEG
  • Location - JN88ND, Bratislava, Slovakia
  • URL - sdr://193.93.75.99:5555
  • Radio - rtl-sdr V2 + helical filter
  • Band - 2m HAM
  • Antenna - Diamond X300