Topics

Online - London SpyServer

Meduzi Jellyfish <iain@...>

londonhf.ddns.net

prog

On Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 06:51 am, Meduzi Jellyfish wrote:
londonhf.ddns.net
The MW band is fantastic.

Jeff Kelly

8 bit good here in New Jeresey!

Jeff

K2SDR

On 10/26/2017 9:51 AM, Meduzi Jellyfish wrote:
londonhf.ddns.net

prog

I just uploaded a new revision of the server with "a tiny bit better" buffering.
Can you update your servers, guys?

Jon Fear

prog

Is there a direct download link I can use wget to gather the Linux x64 package from?

Thanks

Jon

Meduzi Jellyfish <iain@...>

Updated.

Meduzi Jellyfish <iain@...>

Edited

VLF is available. Anyone with MultiPSK Clock can decode MSF etc.

It's on a Wellbrook loop. I was getting some noise earlier though I tracked it down to the PSU from my Agilent CSA. Oh, the irony!

Jeff,
could you drop yours to 1KHz so we can poke around VLF too?

prog

Jeff Kelly

Done.

Jeff

K2SDR

On 10/26/2017 12:25 PM, prog wrote:
I just uploaded a new revision of the server with "a tiny bit better" buffering.
Can you update your servers, guys?

Jeff Kelly

London 16 bit works fine now heer in NJ.

Jeff
K2SDR

On 10/26/2017 1:02 PM, Meduzi Jellyfish wrote:
Updated.

Jeff Kelly

I moved the bottom of the band to 0 khz.  I'll try to improve the antenna at these freqs.

Basically on a 40 meter vertical now.

Jeff

On 10/26/2017 1:08 PM, Meduzi Jellyfish wrote:
VLF is available. Anyone with MultiPSK Clock can decode MSF etc.

It's on a Wellbrook loop. I was getting a some noise earlier though I tracked it down to the PSU from my Agilent CSA. Oh, the irony!

Jeff,
could you drop yours to 1KHz so we can poke around VLF too?

prog

Thanks for reporting. 16bit is not really needed for these signals tho. 8bit should be enough.

Jon Fear

Thank you.

The x86 version still has a date stamp of the 20th. Is that correct? The x64 is showing today's date stamp...

Jon

prog

I think the NTP failed in the 32bit build VM. It's fine as long as the version number is 1600.

prog

Streaming 500kHz full IQ is smooth here.

Meduzi Jellyfish <iain@...>

Edited

I have around 20Mb upstream and reasonably low latency generally so should be good for a few connections.

What would be really nice, is to see a count of the amount of simultaneous connections. A bit of eye candy would probably be good for encouraging people to set up servers.

Countries that I've noticed connect so far today:

France (Le Boss :)
Russia
USA
UK
Israel
Italy
Norway

prog

Installer? Better GUI? What else?

Meduzi Jellyfish <iain@...>

A GUI would be great. Some metrics would be nice to watch and would encourage use. As it is, there isn’t much of a reason for the server owner to tie-up £250 of kit for long.

  • A simple “number of connections”.
  • A table with the IP addresses connected (bearing in mind that they have our IP too)
  • The country location listed, (require some sort of geolocation lookup) If not, then we could do this manually with the IP address, as I do already)
  • The bandwidth used by each connection.
  • Current frequency of a connection.
  • Being able to shadow a particular connection within SDR#. It would be interesting to know what others are monitoring.
  • Also… a plugin to change spyserver.config settings. Keeping, what is essentially part of SDR#, within SDR# itself. Maybe all of this could be in a plugin.

Siegfried Jackstien

sync of several rx via net and have diversity receive would be great

think about you are sitting in europe somewhere and receive a dx station from south amerika (as an example) ... but have an antenna in spain ... one in uk ... another one on france ...and one in northern germany etc ... and all receive that one dx station ... when signal drops down on one station it maybe boosts up on another location

you sure got the idea

dg9bfc sigi

Am 26.10.2017 um 19:25 schrieb Meduzi Jellyfish:

A GUI would be great. Some metrics would be nice to watch and would encourage use. As it is, there isn’t much of a reason for the server owner to tie-up £250 of kit for long.

  • A simple “number of connections”.
  • A table with the IP addresses connected (bearing in mind that they have our IP too)
  • The country location listed, (require some sort of geolocation lookup) If not, then we could do this manually with the IP address, as I do already)
  • The bandwidth used by each connection.
  • Current frequency of a connection.
  • Being able to shadow a particular connection within SDR#. It would be interesting to know what others are monitoring.
  • Also… a plugin to change spyserver.config settings. Keeping, what is essentially part of SDR#, within SDR# itself. Maybe all of this could be in a plugin.

prog

The most important part of the work is now done. Your list of suggestions is reasonable and can be implemented on the go. Check my other reply about the cpu usage break down.