Why can't i change samplerate?

Ruben Navarro Huedo (EA5BZ)

Hello:

Using last 32 bits SDR#.

Always fixed to 48000.

Thank's a lot.

prog

If something is grayed, it means it's not applicable to your context.
You are not streaming from a sound card.

I understand.
Tnx a lot.

Kenneth Sejkora

You can force a different sample rate by editing the SDRSharp.exe CONFIG file.  That file is an ASCII text file that you can modify with a text editor like Notepad and contains two vales related to sample rate. 

The first one is about 30 rows down from the top of the file and is something like:
    <add key="minOutputSampleRate" value="96000" />

The second one is about 35 rows up from the bottom of the file and is something like:
    <add key="sampleRate" value="192000 sample/sec" />

You can adjust the values to whatever works for your SDR dongle and system sound card.

I hope this helps.

Ken, WB0OCV Norton, MA USA 41.959546N, 71.133996W

To: main@airspy.groups.io
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2017 2:58 PM
Subject: [airspy] Why can't i change samplerate?

Hello:

Using last 32 bits SDR#.

Always fixed to 48000.

Thank's a lot.

Thank's a lot.
I will try it.

EB4APL

Hi Ruben,

A more easier (and safer) way to change the audio sample rate is:

- In the Source Tab, select a radio that is Sound Card based, i.e. "Softrock (Si570)"  or "IQ from Sound Card". You don't need to have installed the selected hardware.

- Now the Sample Rate selections are enabled in the Audio Tab. Select what you want.

- In the Source Tab, now select back your radio, i.e. AIRSPY. The sample rate box in the audio Tab is grayed out, but your previous selection is kept.

- Exit the program. All your configuration is saved in the SDRSharp.exe CONFIG file for future use.

A note of caution: errors when manually editing the configuration file translates into bad things, so be very careful when editing it manually. I do it from time to time, but I recommend to avoid it if possible, as in this case.

73 de Ignacio, EB4APL

El 29/09/2017 a las 14:47, Ruben Navarro Huedo (EA5BZ) escribió:
Thank's a lot.
I will try it.
_._,_._,_