Android app

Dionisis “Dennis” Drakopoulos

Good afternoon!
Which is the most reliable Android app you run in order to utilize in best way AirSpy R2 in Android 4 or newer release?

Thank you!
Dennis.

prog

Why would you run an SDR in such a restricted OS? Get any cheap Windows tablet and run the fully fledged softwared on it. Not only it has more functionality, but you also have the processing power of a small desktop.
We have been all waiting for that platform to mature and be usable for productivity apps, but it looks like Google don't want it to be more than a gadget to consume its services.

Dionisis “Dennis” Drakopoulos

Well said and understood, thank you!

So, could you please suggest a cheap but good enough Windows tablet that can run SDR SHARP & AirSpy decently enough?

prog

I know it works on the Dell Venue 8 and Chuwi hi8, but there are even cheaper tablets that could do the job like the TW700.

w9ran <w9ran@...>

On 8/8/2017 4:19 PM, prog wrote:
there are even cheaper tablets that could do the job like the TW700.
I confirm that Airspy is supported very nicely by WinBook TW-100 10.1" Windows tablet. Do not bother with the smaller 7" WinBook, it has inherent battery management problems that make it unusable, but the 10" model is fine at 2.5msps and since it has two USB ports, can be left attached to Airspy/SpyVerter and kept fully charged indefinitely.

73, Bob W9RAN

Joe M.

I've found that if you shut it down when not in use, the charge lasts for months (as opposed to not shutting down lasts for maybe a day).

Joe M.

On 8/9/2017 11:47 AM, w9ran wrote:
On 8/8/2017 4:19 PM, prog wrote:
Do not bother with the smaller 7" WinBook, it has
inherent battery management problems that make it unusable

Dionisis “Dennis” Drakopoulos

Thank you all!

73 de SV1CDN!