Enclosure for Airspy HF+ #hardware

prog

Molded aluminium based on the 3D design in the website.

Chuck Conner

It looks very nice, how will the top be attached (screws?)? Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

Chuck Conner

P.S. Like the way the new group works so far!

Sent from my iPhone

prog

Yes, screws. Check the attachment.
Note that these enclosures still don't have surface processing. I'll post more when they are ready.

Chris Spacone

Just insane quality! I'm eagerly waiting to place my order.

Trango <rfnoise@...>

Great quality, also looking forward to this well engineered SDR.

prog

New pics of the HF+ enclosure with surface finish. Note the laser scraped surface for the USB fingerstock and the SMA connectors.
Now you won't be ashamed to show your radio to your non-ham friends. This one doesn't look like the typical weekender project  :-)

Trango <rfnoise@...>

Are the hot spots thermally taped to make contact with case? Hadn't seen this detail so wanted to ask.