Computer Requirements to run SDR#

dave_bunyan

If it is any help I tried running an RTL dongle + SDR# on my 10 yr old Pentium 4.0 2GHz with 2Gb ram an WinXp SP2.

It stuttered along with, I reckon only 10-20% of the audio appearing. It was a fast machine when I first had it :)

BTW it's my standby machine - more than adequate for running RDS Spy for FM DX.

David

--- In SDRSharp@..., "Alan" <alan4alan@...> wrote:

----- Original Message -----
Subject: [SDRSharp] Computer Requirements to run SDR#

I have a 3.0 Ghz Pentium 4 with 1 Gb of ram is this sufficient. My M/B has only 2 ram slots and the price of DDR ram has escalated
here ($100/ GB) as it is now not very common. I have looked and cannot find where any one has actually said what the requirement
are. I have 2 new dongles as specified in most articles and also have an UP converter for HF and have down loaded the required
files to run it.
Just need to know if the computer will do the job!

Don,

The way to know is to try it. Nothing's going to break!
Probably will, turn the waterfall speed down.

73 Alan G4ZFQ

kwelgeest2003

--- In SDRSharp@..., "dave_bunyan" <davebunyan@...> wrote:

If it is any help I tried running an RTL dongle + SDR# on my 10 yr old Pentium 4.0 2GHz with 2Gb ram an WinXp SP2.

It stuttered along with, I reckon only 10-20% of the audio appearing. It was a fast machine when I first had it :)

BTW it's my standby machine - more than adequate for running RDS Spy for FM DX.

David
David, I have been running SDR# on a machine like yours, without problems after I noticed that my PC had 4 USB 1.1 connectors and 2 USB 2.0. Using the USB 1.1 gave me the stuttering, using USB 2.0 worked at about 70 % processor load.

Regards,
Ben