[SDRSharp] Frequency range of various DVB receiver chips:

Alberto I2PHD

On 7/12/2013 11:05 AM, David J Taylor wrote:

E4000: 52-2200 MHz (variable gap 1100-1250 MHz)
FC0012: 22-948.6 MHz
FC0013: 22-1100 MHz
FC2580: 146-308, 438-924 MHz
R820T: 24-1766 MHz

Do exist between 1755 MHz and 2200 MHz signals that could warrant to
prefer an E4000 (with its lower sensitivity, the gap, and phased out) to
an R820T ?

Apart from the cellular band of 1800 MHz (which anyway is pointless to try
to receive, given its complex GSM coding), nothing else comes to my mind.

--
73 Alberto I2PHD

David J Taylor

From: Alberto I2PHD

On 7/12/2013 11:05 AM, David J Taylor wrote:

E4000: 52-2200 MHz (variable gap 1100-1250 MHz)
FC0012: 22-948.6 MHz
FC0013: 22-1100 MHz
FC2580: 146-308, 438-924 MHz
R820T: 24-1766 MHz

Do exist between 1755 MHz and 2200 MHz signals that could warrant to
prefer an E4000 (with its lower sensitivity, the gap, and phased out) to
an R820T ?

Apart from the cellular band of 1800 MHz (which anyway is pointless to try
to receive, given its complex GSM coding), nothing else comes to my mind.

73 Alberto I2PHD

It's just a listing for the sake of completeness, Alberto. But if you take a look at this chart:

http://www.ntia.doc.gov/files/ntia/publications/2003-allochrt.pdf

it does suggest a few signals of interest, and I guess some of the E4000 may go up to 2.3 GHz, although I've not checked that myself. Some folk may already have E4000 chips which they bought earlier, or without knowing of the limitations.

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk

Alberto I2PHD

On 7/12/2013 4:09 PM, David J Taylor wrote:

It's just a listing for the sake of completeness, Alberto.  But if you take
a look at this chart:

  http://www.ntia.doc.gov/files/ntia/publications/2003-allochrt.pdf

it does suggest a few signals of interest, and I guess some of the E4000 may
go up to 2.3 GHz, although I've not checked that myself.  Some folk may
already have E4000 chips which they bought earlier, or without knowing of
the limitations.

David,

�� thanks for that chart, I haven't seen it before, and surely it can be useful as a reference material.
But before my E4000-based dongle died (I have now an R820T), I wasn't able to receive anything
in that segment, not even with a decent antenna on the roof. Maybe in my part of the world those
frequencies are unallocated, or, if they are, not actually used...

--
73 Alberto I2PHD