Topics

#raspberrypi #raspberrypi

tjosenio@...

Hello All !

I am new here in the forum and I would like to count on your help.
I have two Airspy R2 and an Airspy mini which I used on a windows system pc to share data with FR24. After the FR24 discontinue the windows system, I am not sure how to use these receivers on a Raspberry pi 3 to continue sharing data with Fligthradar 24. I have little knowledge with raspberry pi. I will be very grateful to everyone with any guidance.

Dewey

This is just a personal opinion and worth exactly what you paid for it... but I wouldn't limit/waist the great performance of the Airspy products on the mundane task of broadcasting ADS-B.  Don't get me wrong, I stream to FlightAware, FlightRadar24 and Radarbox24, I just refuse to allocate my Airspys to doing it.  If it were me, I would just spend $20 on a FlightAware dongle ( https://www.amazon.com/FlightAware-Pro-Stick-ADS-B-Receiver/dp/B01D1ZAP3C/ or  https://www.amazon.com/FlightAware-FA-PROSTICKPLUS-1-Receiver-Built-Filter/dp/B01M7REJJW/) for the Raspberry Pi, and download their Raspberry Pi streaming application (this is what I do).  I would then save my Airspys for the great world of receiving user SDR-Console or SDRSharp... which is also what I do.

Dewey

On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 1:08 PM tjosenio via Groups.Io <tjosenio=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello All !

I am new here in the forum and I would like to count on your help.
I have two Airspy R2 and an Airspy mini which I used on a windows system pc to share data with FR24. After the FR24 discontinue the windows system, I am not sure how to use these receivers on a Raspberry pi 3 to continue sharing data with Fligthradar 24. I have little knowledge with raspberry pi. I will be very grateful to everyone with any guidance.

David J Taylor

Hello All !

I am new here in the forum and I would like to count on your help.
I have two Airspy R2 and an Airspy mini which I used on a windows system pc to share data with FR24. After the FR24 discontinue the windows system, I am not sure how to use these receivers on a Raspberry pi 3 to continue sharing data with Fligthradar 24. I have little knowledge with raspberry pi. I will be very grateful to everyone with any guidance.

Did you find the notes on the Airspy page:

https://airspy.com/quickstart/

I guess you could configure the FR24 software to use one of the output formats from the Airspy, but personally I would recommend the PlanePlotter software as it can show more aircraft (as it's not a public service, but costs ???25 IIRC).

https://www.coaa.co.uk/planeplotter.htm

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu