Airspy HF+ Discovery pre-orders are open!

prog

Dear Airspy fans,

Thank you for your patience and your encouragement during all these years! We are pleased to announce the availability of the Airspy HF+ Discovery on pre-order. We got everything ready for delivery in about one month.

How did we come to this? Do you remember the high performance HF Pre-selector project we started a few months ago? It was an opportunity for us to Discover the full potential of the Harmonic Rejection Mixer design when used in certain conditions. With the help of our partners Itead Studio, ST Micro and friends, most notably Leif Asbrink SM5BSZ, we could squeeze a new and improved front-end with a lot of pre-selectors along with a new firmware into a state of the art radio with unprecedented performance and form factor.

We created a coupon code for you, Airspy Fans, so you can get $50 off at Itead and Airspy.US when you pre-order this unit. The coupon is limited to 100 units at each reseller, then the regular price applies. First come, first served!

Coupon: AIRSPY2019

Worldwide:
https://www.itead.cc/airspy-hf-discovery.html

US and Americas:
https://v3.airspy.us/product/airspy-hf-discovery

Full details:
https://airspy.com/airspy-hf-discovery/

We hope you will enjoy it!

Patrick

Hi there !

I placed my order the minute I received this mail and got a message " Coupon code AIRSPY2019" is not valid".
:-((

Patrick

Le jeu. 23 mai 2019 à 10:21, prog <info@...> a écrit :
[...]

Canceled my order, tried again and BINGO !

On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 10:41 AM, Patrick wrote:
Canceled my order, tried again and BINGO !
Lucky :-)

David J Taylor

Dear Airspy fans,

Thank you for your patience and your encouragement during all these years! We are pleased to announce the availability of the Airspy HF+ Discovery on pre-order. We got everything ready for delivery in about one month.
[]
We created a coupon code for you, Airspy Fans, so you can get $50 off at Itead and Airspy.US when you pre-order this unit. The coupon is limited to 100 units at each reseller, then the regular price applies. First come, first served!
[]

We hope you will enjoy it!

Many thanks!

David GM8ARV
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk
Twitter: @gm8arv

Ken Alexander

GGrrrr!

Any Paypal isn't working!  Then when I go back the discount code is no longer valid too!

Screw it!  I'll buy it later, maybe...

Ken Alexander
So Phisai, Thailand
Blog:  bueng-ken.com

On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 8:41 AM Patrick <aunumero73@...> wrote:
[...]

G5VU

Just ordered mine without any problem.
Many thanks for the coupon offer.

73s Tracey G5VU

[...]

João Fonseca

How can it get HF and VHF with only one antenna input? We need to provide external antenna switching?

On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 10:05 AM David J Taylor via Groups.Io <gm8arv=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
Dear Airspy fans,

Thank you for your patience and your encouragement during all these years!
We are pleased to announce the availability of the Airspy HF+ Discovery on
pre-order. We got everything ready for delivery in about one month.
[]
We created a coupon code for you, Airspy Fans, so you can get $50 off at
Itead and Airspy.US when you pre-order this unit. The coupon is limited to
100 units at each reseller, then the regular price applies. First come,
first served!
[]

We hope you will enjoy it!

Many thanks!

David GM8ARV
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...
Twitter: @gm8arv

prog

One passive whip antenna should get you from VLF to upper VHF without problems - You only need to handle the noise from your own computer.

Marino Ferrero Giacminet

Got it!🙂😊👍
Thanks prog.

Marino

Inviato da Libero Mail per iOS

giovedì 23 maggio 2019, 10:21 +0200 da info@... <info@...>:

[...]

In my case I use a dipole for HF and dipole tuned for airband in my AirSpy HF+. Probably the best will be to do the antenna switching externally?

On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 10:14 AM prog <info@...> wrote:
One passive whip antenna should get you from VLF to upper VHF without problems - You only need to handle the noise from your own computer.

PMM

Better timing this time around for me. Ordered with no issue here 😊 you have to be quick and luckerly I was quick enough this time.

thanks Prog
I Just have to hide it from wife 🤣

On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 11:21 AM, João Fonseca wrote:
In my case I use a dipole for HF and dipole tuned for airband in my AirSpy HF+. Probably the best will be to do the antenna switching externally?
Note that the new front-end is much more flexible now. You have to test and check what works best for you in your environment.

prog

On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 11:21 AM, PMM wrote:
Better timing this time around for me. Ordered with no issue here 😊 you have to be quick and luckerly I was quick enough this time.

thanks Prog
I Just have to hide it from wife 🤣
It's about the right time of the day for Europe. Our American friends will wake up in a few hours and discover the news.

João Fonseca

Ordered just in time!

On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 10:25 AM prog <info@...> wrote:
On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 11:21 AM, PMM wrote:
Better timing this time around for me. Ordered with no issue here 😊 you have to be quick and luckerly I was quick enough this time.

thanks Prog
I Just have to hide it from wife 🤣
It's about the right time of the day for Europe. Our American friends will wake up in a few hours and discover the news.

Hisao Uose

It was good timing for me living in Japan and I was lucky enough to order one.
Thank you very much!

Terry Gaff

Prog,
Many thanks for what looks to be a great product.
I ordered on the Itead website (from my phone as I'm in work), but I didn't see a coupon entry panel all the way to final confirm... I'm sure I should have seen something ?? It appears my account was billed the full price but I'm afraid, at the moment, if I cant avail of the offer I may have to cancel for now. Is it possible to avail of the offer if I ordered before the first 100 expired ?
Many Thanks.
Terry

Bjarne Mjelde <bjarne.mjelde@...>

One antenna input is not necessarily a bad thing for those who have several HF and VHF antennas. With two inputs, you might need two antenna selectors, one for the VHF input and one for the HF input, instead of one. Ethernet-based antenna selectors that you can switch from your PC should be considered.
--
Bjarne Mjelde
World's Northernmost DX-er

Martin L. Smith, AC1FT

Worked for me!  Thanks.

Al Scanandoah

No luck via either the US or Worldwide sites. Perhaps the pre-order limit has been reached? If so, I would have thought the site/cart scripts would reflect that.

Al, K2ZN

On Thu, May 23, 2019, 07:31 Martin L. Smith <hfradio@...> wrote:
Worked for me!  Thanks.