Topics

Smaller frequency correction steps for RTL-SDR?

N8XYN

Is there any way in Sdrsharp to add a correction of less then 1 ppm?  I'm pretty ocd and when is ssb or dsb a correction of less then can be normally made is necessary?

prog

On Tue, Mar 5, 2019 at 10:44 AM, N8XYN wrote:
Is there any way in Sdrsharp to add a correction of less then 1 ppm?  I'm pretty ocd and when is ssb or dsb a correction of less then can be normally made is necessary?
No. The RTL API itself doesn't allow smaller steps.

https://github.com/steve-m/librtlsdr/blob/master/include/rtl-sdr.h#L162

jdow

I have thought of generating such an API on my rtlsdr.dll; but, "why?" Even with a tcxo temperature drift is a limiting factor for setting corrections and in any case the dongle center frequency has a setting step size of 7 Hz, which for me is not good enough for SSB if I want to read out the frequency.
{^_^}