Experimenting with S912 octacore 16GB/2GB ram TV box-Spyserver

radiostationx

Hi all,
Experimenting with the idea of using an S912 armlogic TV box for spyserver.
I need some help here.
I used a redundant android TV box and installed Armbian Debian image on an SD card and the unit boots fine.
I then I followed these instructions to run 32 bit applications
https://forum.armbian.com/topic/4764-running-32-bit-applications-on-aarch64/
I have successfully installed rtl-sdr from github, and kalibrate.
Using an r820t dongle I can run kalibrate fine the program "grabs" the dongle and scans away..
The blacklist file (/etc/modprobe.d/rtl-sdr-blacklist.conf) has the following
blacklist dvb_usb_rtl28xxu
blacklist e4000
blacklist rtl2832
blacklist dvb_usb_rtl2832u
blacklist dvb_usb
blacklist dvb_core
blacklist fc0013
blacklist rtl2830

I then installed airspy drivers and spyserver from github and finally made spyserver executable.

All seems to be fine

BUT
When I run spyserver
SDR sharp says server busy, and server device says cannot wake device.

Tried all kinds of things in spyserver.config including starting over again and using several new spyserver installs but cannot seem to get this running.
Has potential as s912 octa-core boxes can be had for around $40usd complete with 3a psu.

Any ideas guys ?
Thanks in advance.

Ruben Navarro Huedo (EA5BZ)

Try to install:  librtlsdr-dev

Ruben Navarro Huedo (EA5BZ)

And also...try  to run rtl_test some seconds and after press CTRL+C

Paste the result here.

radiostationx

Hi Ruben,
Thanks for the suggestions, here we go

Ruben Navarro Huedo (EA5BZ)

Please, run rtl_test some seconds...press after CTRL+C and paste the result.

radiostationx

I still have the same issue,spyserver is not "grabbing" the rtl dongle as it should. I  checked spyserver.config and all seems well enough, tried defaults, tried device as RTL-SDR and numerous sample rates within the accepted perameters for RTL 2k, 1k etc..
Tried with a friends airspy AirspyOne device attached to the unit and default spyserver.config, same results unfortunately.
Any more suggestions much welcomed.

jdow

So what happens when you run rtl_test?
{^_^}

On 20190223 02:52:59, radiostationx via Groups.Io wrote:
I still have the same issue,spyserver is not "grabbing" the rtl dongle as it should. I  checked spyserver.config and all seems well enough, tried defaults, tried device as RTL-SDR and numerous sample rates within the accepted perameters for RTL 2k, 1k etc..
Tried with a friends airspy AirspyOne device attached to the unit and default spyserver.config, same results unfortunately.
Any more suggestions much welcomed.
3.png
4.png

radiostationx

Hi jdow,
Following advice/suggestion by Ruben (EA5BZ) I thought that I had posted the result of rtl_test earlier, it turns out I had not.
My mistake Sorry Guys,
Here are the results of rtl_test, and stopping it with Ctrl + C around 30 seconds later.

Martin Smith

S912 armlogic has cortex-A53 cores which are 64-bit as is your OS.

You have already installed two fundamental 32-bit libraries (libc6:armhf and libstdc++6:armhf)

Do you also need to install additional 32-bit library for spyserver, I honestly don't know!

I'd check on the easy ones that were statically linked at build time first:
$ ldd spyserver
And if installing any missing 32-bit libraries did not solve the problem, then I'd see if there was any issue with any missing 32-bit dynamically loaded resources (e.g. libairspyhf.so, librtlsdr.so, libairspy.so )
You can use a debug tool like strace to find out which files in what directories the program is trying to access (there will be many misses as it searches through the entire library path, you learn what is important and what is irrelevant by using debug tools often enough).
$ strace -f ./spyserver
(or a quick check for library files only "strace -f ./spyserver 2>&1 | grep -i lib" or files that were attempted to be opened "strace -f ./spyserver 2>&1 | grep open" )

If any required library files were missing, I'd look for the package name that owns the missing library file.
e.g
$ sudo dpkg-query -S librtlsdr.so
And install the 32-bit version, e.g.
sudo apt-get install librtlsdr0:armhf
And then rinse and repeat for anything else that is missing. Oh and never expect any program to have any chance of work correctly when it is being debugging with strace, just run the program directly.

That would be how I would approach your problem.

jdow

Does his spyserver.config file have device_type set to RTL-SDR or Auto?
(device_sample_rate might do best set to 2400000, too.)

I got the impression he tried editing it at one time. That's why I am wondering.
{^_^}