Topics

Airspy with TX ? #hardware

Ruben Navarro Huedo (EA5BZ)

Hello friends:

With the arrival of Es-Hail 2 SDRs with TXing possibilities are "coming to the scene".
Will we have an Airspy with TX?

My wish list:

TX possibilities
RX and TX: 50Mhz to 3.5 Ghz.
External Clock reference input.
Good RX characteristics like HF+ and R2.

Tnx !

prog

Edited

On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 02:34 PM, Ruben Navarro Huedo (EA5BZ) wrote:
Hello friends:

With the arrival of Es-Hail 2 SDRs with TXing possibilities are "coming to the scene".
Will we have an Airspy with TX?

My wish list:

TX possibilities
RX and TX: 50Mhz to 3.5 Ghz.
External Clock reference input.
Good RX characteristics like HF+ and R2.

Tnx !
I was thinking a small USB wide band ODFM transceiver would be nice nowadays.
This is not an SDR, but it could be used to transmit cam data stream or run a small TCP/IP network, or even create a bi-directional data link for drones.
Of course, it could work flawlessly for Es'hail2 with a suitable LNB.

The default coverage can be from 50 MHz to 1300 MHz, but could also be designed to go up to 5.8 GHz.

Anyone interested?
How much would you pay for it?

Ruben Navarro Huedo (EA5BZ)

Speaking of SDR.... "Reference" for ES-Hail is Lime SDR.
Mini's price is 159$ and its RX Performance is not Great.

I think 200$ could be a beginning for a SDR with a decent RX quality and TX possibilities.

prog

On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 03:13 PM, Ruben Navarro Huedo (EA5BZ) wrote:
I think 200$ could be a beginning for a SDR with a decent RX quality and TX possibilities.
Note: This is not an SDR, or at least not exposed as an SDR. The device will only take or give data streams (camera, files, control, etc.)