Multiple SDR# instances running concurrently

EB4APL

Hi,

I currently run several instances of SDR# and I have multiple copies of
the program folder which only differs in the configuration files, which
are tailored for different receivers.

While I think that I did my homework, I didn't found a trick for using
different profiles and only a program folder, such the one used with
Spyserver. While I tried the same schema, it did not work. Is it
possible to do it now or maybe something planned for the future?. This
way updating the program only in one folder is much better than doing it
in more than my current 12 copies.

Best regards,

Ignacio, EB4APL

---

hmarais@...

You can pass the spyserver executable a config file to use on the command line. So you'd run multiple copies from the same program folder like so:
spyserver <config_file1>
spyserver <config_file2>
...and so on.

Regards,
Hennie Marais

EB4APL

Thank you, this was just treated, but my question is not for Spyserver but refers to SDR#

El 23/01/2019 a las 19:02, hmarais@... escribió:
You can pass the spyserver executable a config file to use on the command line. So you'd run multiple copies from the same program folder like so:
spyserver <config_file1>
spyserver <config_file2>
...and so on.

Regards,
Hennie Marais

Libre de virus. www.avast.com

jdow

Setup}
Load in SDRSharp to its own folder.

Right click on SDRSharp.exe and select Create shortcut.

Copy the shortcut to your 12 folders.

For each folder: (Painful part)

Right click and select properties.

Edit the "Start in:" to show the folder name containing the shortcut.

DONE

Update:
Load in the new SDRSharp,

DONE

Now you PROBABLY could create an intermediate folder "...\SDRSharp". Load each version in to its own folder, "...\SDRSharp1670". Create the shortcut. Copy the shortcut for the version you want to run into "...\SDRSharp". Then you could check earlier versions when a new version shows some peculiar behavior.

{^_^}

On 20190123 15:09:07, jdow wrote:
Setup}
    Load in SDRSharp to its own folder.
    Right click on SDRSharp.exe and select Create shortcut.
    Copy the shortcut to your 12 folders.
    For each folder: (Painful part)
Hm, you might need to do this for the DLLs you need, too.

        Right click and select properties.
        Edit the "Start in:" to show the folder name containing the shortcut.
    DONE
Update:
    Load in the new SDRSharp,
    DONE
Now you PROBABLY could create an intermediate folder "...\SDRSharp". Load each version in to its own folder, "...\SDRSharp1670". Create the shortcut. Copy the shortcut for the version you want to run into "...\SDRSharp". Then you could check earlier versions when a new version shows some peculiar behavior.
{^_^}
It would be easier if Youssef and crew taught SDRSharp to read the commandline to get the name of the config file to be used.

{o.o}

EB4APL

Hi Joanna,

This is approximately what I do, but something like profiles (or support for multiple configuration files, like in the Spyserver) would make it very easy, only one program folder to maintain. Just an idea that could be added to the "to do" list.

73 de Ignacio, EB4APL