New SDR# and SpyServer release r1700 with directory listing #airspy #sdrsharp #spyserver

prog

Edited

Hi all,

Check the latest and greatest SDR# / SpyServer release with many new features to make adding and using SpyServers easier than ever.
Whats new:
  • Automatic port and device detection in SpyServer (auto config),
  • Directory listing of online SpyServer instances with owner and setup info,
  • Interactive map representation of the online (and also offline) servers,
  • Interactive map of the current/last client(s) of any given server,
  • Embedded browser in SDR# to view and connect to the servers (no copy/paste needed),
  • New spyserver_ping utility to check the actual latency between you and any given server.
Update your servers and make them available for your friends!
Remember to configure your name, antenna location and a small description of the setup, and most importantly, remember to redirect the streaming ports on your router.

Enjoy!

andrea ottaviani

Bello, good Job.
But I have Airspy One R2 and I see Airspy mini
By default I set AUTO but not recognize my SDR.
Help.
Thank you

Best 73 de IK0MMI
Andrea

Il giorno 4 nov 2018, alle ore 23:26, prog <info@...> ha scritto:

[Edited Message Follows]

[...]

<dummyfile.0.part>

<dummyfile.1.part>

prog

On Sun, Nov 4, 2018 at 11:50 PM, andrea ottaviani wrote:
Bello, good Job.
But I have Airspy One R2 and I see Airspy mini
By default I set AUTO but not recognize my SDR.
Help.
Thank you

Best 73 de IK0MMI
Andrea
You have set the maximum bandwidth to 2.441 kSPS. Try setting something reasonable. For example use the recommended value commented in the config file.

I downloaded and unzipped the new v 1700 files and was shocked to see that, when I ran the SDRSharp.exe directly from the install folder on my Windows 10 machine it showed v 1672 which was the old version.  The exe file had todays date on the file listing.  Suggestions?

SV1BTL

Excellent!
What about spyservers installed on Raspberry Pi3? Have we to do something else during setup? Copy and Paste of the new spyserver.config is it enough?

Edward MacDonald

Thank you. Great work !  :)

PE0SAT | Amateur Radio

Thanks for this new version and options.

I was wondering is there an option to change the NFM bandwith to a higer value then 9,375 when I am not using full IQ?
It would be great if we can change this to for example 15,000 because this would made it possible to decode high speed Satellite telemetry.

Regards PE0SAT

prog

You can replace the binary and add the missing config keys (They are at the beginning of the new config file). The rest works as usual.

prog

You can change that in SDR#: minReducedNarrowBandwidth.

prog

On Mon, Nov 5, 2018 at 08:43 AM, AB9NN - Jon Kreski wrote:
Suggestions?
Your web browser must have renamed the new download to sdrsharp-x86(1).zip

PE0SAT | Amateur Radio

Thanks for the quick answer, what values does it expect ?

prog

On Mon, Nov 5, 2018 at 09:12 AM, PE0SAT | Amateur Radio wrote:
Thanks for the quick answer, what values does it expect ?
The defaults give you a good compromise for narrow band channels. Increase it until you are happy with the bandwidth. Note yhat this will also increase your network usage.

John Barnett

I don't have an sdr radio, So I selected one from the spyserver list and it works fine, however, some that are showing green will not connect for some reason. I have checked my fire wall and as far as I can see, I see no disaloud connection.

John.

prog

On Mon, Nov 5, 2018 at 10:18 AM, John Barnett wrote:
I don't have an sdr radio, So I selected one from the spyserver list and it works fine, however, some that are showing green will not connect for some reason. I have checked my fire wall and as far as I can see, I see no disaloud connection.

John.
Some users forgot to configure the port forwarding for their servers.They are online, but cannot be reached.
I will filter them out with a new server side software.

PE0SAT | Amateur Radio

Sorry Prog I think I am not clear.

With values I mean: True or False, 10000hz, 10k, etc.
I tried 12500 but when checking the NFM bandwidth I could increase the value in SDR# higher then the value configured.

<add key="minReducedNarrowBandwidth" value="12500" />

So this config allowed me to go higher then 12.5 kHz

jdow

The sizes available are quantized. So it picks the lowest value greater than or equal to the value you entered.

{^_^}

On 20181105 01:29, PE0SAT | Amateur Radio via Groups.Io wrote:
Sorry Prog I think I am not clear.
With values I mean: True or False, 10000hz, 10k, etc.
I tried 12500 but when checking the NFM bandwidth I could increase the value in SDR# higher then the value configured.
<add key="minReducedNarrowBandwidth" value="12500" />
So this config allowed me to go higher then 12.5 kHz

Jeff Kelly

Starting upgrade with a RTLSDRV3 dongle.

I am seeing a new repeating message that I didn’t/don't have with the previous spyserver version:

Found Rafael Micro R280T Tuner
[R82XX] PLL not locked!

Any suggestions?

Jeff

On Mon, Nov 5, 2018 at 12:43 PM, Jeff Kelly wrote:
Starting upgrade with a RTLSDRV3 dongle.

I am seeing a new repeating message that I didn’t/don't have with the previous spyserver version:

Found Rafael Micro R280T Tuner
[R82XX] PLL not locked!

Any suggestions?

Jeff
That's an artifact of the existing user mode driver. You can safely ignore it.

Ruben Navarro Huedo (EA5BZ)

All 100% fine here.
I think my spyserver is running fine :-)

Ruben EA5BZ.

Al Scanandoah

Have the Linux versions of spyserver been updated as well?

Al, K2ZN

Sent via mobile