Topics

spyserver disconnect random WIN10 #hardware #spyserver #driver #usb

andrea ottaviani

Good evening. I use a Laptop Asus UX310UQ I7 6500 CPU 2.5 GHz, 8Gb RAM + SSD. 63 Bit  Win 10 Home 1803 Build 17134.81
In the evening I start the spyserver and the morning when I go to the office the grim unreachable.
As if it were not connected. I tried to delete the st-by USB ports even if you turn off the screen.
I set in energy saving that the disk must always remain active if powered by the network.
I do not know what to do. Help! Thank you
This happens both on the ONE and HF +.

best 73 de IK0MMI andrea

Martin Smith

My guess would be that Windows does not see the USB port as being active and proactively decides to power down the USB bus into a sleep mode to reduce overall power usage.
e.g. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-power/windows-10-pro-64-bit-keeps-turning-off-my-usb/61888867-b4ae-4ce7-b8d8-eb7007007ea3?auth=1&page=1

I would look up how to "how to disable power save on a USB port" or "how to disable selective suspend on a USB port" in your search engine of choice, or at support.microsoft.com

andrea ottaviani

I did everything you say. disabled the ability to switch off the USB ports. I set the stop status to never in power saving. I powered the USB from a powered HUB, only connected port. if I leave SDR active listening on my server the spyserver does not hang.

jdow

One other setting that I just found today that solved a problem I had with SDR Console is the minimum processor speed setting in the power profiles. SOME (insert stream of nasty words here) software update around April 1 reset the power profile settings I'd established when I built this machine. Once I changed minimum speed from the 5% I found as it's setting to 100% everything worked fully as I expected.

{^_^}

On 20180609 13:42, andrea ottaviani via Groups.Io wrote:
I did everything you say. disabled the ability to switch off the USB ports. I set the stop status to never in power saving. I powered the USB from a powered HUB, only connected port. if I leave SDR active listening on my server the spyserver does not hang.
IMG_4646.jpg
IMG_4648.jpg
IMG_4645.jpg
IMG_4642.jpg
IMG_4643.jpg
IMG_4644.jpg
IMG_4647.jpg

andrea ottaviani

Good morning. today it went better. With SDR Sharp in operation it went well. When I got home, I now tried to change the frequency and soon after it is locked. Now I followed the advice and I set the processor to 100%. I do not know what program to use to understand what it is that blocks it.
I would like to monitor only SDR SHARP and Spyserver to understand.
I addedd the ferries on USB cable
Thank you

best 73 de IK0MMI
andrea

andrea ottaviani

Good evening. seems to be solved with the WIN 10 compatibility tool.
I have specified which version to use and with WIN 7 it does not crash.
It's online since yesterday and now active from 1.8 MHz to 30 MHz.
Best 73 de IK0MMI
andrea