Topics

Spyserver Data Formats #spyserver

Dudley Chapman

I am running HF+, Spyserver on an RPi, and SDR#.   It all works great even over the internet.   I was at work last week with the CW contest on 20m in my earbuds while my coworkers were listening to Spotify or something. If they only knew.

By the way, the dynamic range of the HF+ is really quite good for 20m CW during a contest.  It it passes that test it can pass anything for amateur radio use.

I am working on a C# client for Spyserver.  I have been studying the C++ and C# client snippets available here and in github.   It looks like they have not been updated for the latest formats for IQ and FFT data.  So my questions are:

1) What is the format of the data mode that sends raw IQ data (e.g. when 'Use IQ' is checked in SDR#).
2) What is the format of the new PCM data modes, such as 8bit PCM, 16 bit PCM. and 32 bit PCM.
3) I know the data rate is the highest on raw IQ, but is that the highest resolution to work with for any subsequent signal processing?

Thanks in advance,
Dudley Chapman - WA1X

prog

Thanks Dudley. Please address all the integration questions to info at airspy.com. We can discuss your application and how we can improve things.