Topics

#hardware #spyserver How do I find out what version of Airspy and Spyverter I have? #hardware #spyserver

Kent K5KNT

I just pulled my Airspy/Spyverter combo out of storage after being away from the hobby for a while. I'm curious to find out what version I have. The photos on the web don't seem to show any difference between the R2 and what I have, but I purchased these back in Dec 2015. My guess is it is a version prior to R2.

If it is, in fact, a prior version is there anything I can do to upgrade?

Thanks,
Kent/K5KNT

Martin Smith

The only way I know is to open the box (unscrew the 4 screws on the USB side of the box) and look inside if you see a golden border around the PCB it is an R2.

You can find images of the Printed Circuit Boards at the below links:

Airspy NOS R0 - https://www.rtl-sdr.com/new-airspy-review-from-radio-user-magazine/
Airspy NOS R2 - https://www.rtl-sdr.com/review-airspy-mini/ or https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQPZu8CWwAAkqDp.jpg
(This link is slightly confusing because it shows a R0 board https://www.rtl-sdr.com/airspy-revision-2-released/ as does the Airspy website https://airspy.com/airspy-r2/ )

quicktest - If you see a gold border it is a R2, otherwise it is a R0

Spyverter R1 - https://www.rtl-sdr.com/a-review-of-the-spyverter-r2/
Spyverter R2 - https://www.rtl-sdr.com/a-review-of-the-spyverter-r2/

quicktest - If you see a gold border it is a R2, otherwise it is a R1

Kent K5KNT

Thank you Martin. I have now verified I have a R2.